North Trail 26RLSS

marcortez

Can anyone with this model tell me how far it is from the rear recliner seating to where the TV mounts?..

Just looking at stock photos, that distance might be a bit far to view a 32" TV.

For reference, at home my recliner to TV is about 16 feet......and a 40" TV is just about right.

(home area dealer does not have a rear living model in stock to check)

What say you?....

bnm

I can measure tomorrow night. We have a 32 because I didn't want it in the hall getting bumped. Would have preferred a 40 myself. The 27 that came with the rig was quickly replaced with the 32.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bnm

Can anyone with this model tell me how far it is from the rear recliner seating to where the TV mounts?..

Just looking at stock photos, that distance might be a bit far to view a 32" TV.

For reference, at home my recliner to TV is about 16 feet......and a 40" TV is just about right.

(home area dealer does not have a rear living model in stock to check)

What say you?....
About 15 feet, 4 inches, from TV to farthest chair (against the door) headrest. I removed the stock TV bracket and installed a swing out on day one. Allowed us to swing it in when towing or not in use, but pull it out further and adjust the angle. Any other questions, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

marcortez

Yes one more please......(on edit TWO more)

Can you link to that swing arm for the TV please?...

Would it be doable to place the TV on the dinette table when settled in and view from there while in the rear recliner?...

Last edited:

bnm

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/sc60fm-tv-mount-sm-full-motion-mount/prod20120177.ip

I bought one of these for the house:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WYVBR0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would do that if I had to do again. The Sam's Club has gone up since I purchased mine.

Sure, don't see why you couldn't leave the base on the TV, sit it on the ledge with a strap to hold it on it while traveling. Then move it to the table when you are ready to watch. I'll get the tape measure and tell you the distance from the the table to the outlets and measure the ledge.

marcortez

Saludos to you my friend for the scoop.

I would imagine there would be a solid backstop for those mounts into the wall right?...A piece of plywood to sink screws into?

Your Amazon unit looks beefier than the one's I saw with just a cursory search.....

With just me doing the TV watching if sat on the dining table....I don't have to worry about knocking it off.....(unless Jim Beam takes hold of me);)

bnm

Shelf is 8 3/4" by 27 1/2". The distance from the outlets to the ledge is over 5', so if you had 6' power and coax, would give you a little wiggle room.

From the feel of it, most of that wall has backer, but I kept my mount close to the original, right about 6 inches..

The amazon one is holding a 46" TV at the house without issue.

Lol, no worries. Jim Beam won't remember in the morning why it got knocked off :D

marcortez

Thank you again BLN......

I am assuming this "shelf" you speak of is the TV shelf?.....
Outlets to the ledge is over 5 feet......is this to the dining table area?

One would just have to run the Coax from the back of the TV "shelf" to the dining table?..
If there is an outlet below or near the dining table, then just a matter of plugging it in?

Would you recommend a table/chair dining setup or a "booth" style?....
I don't need another fold down sleeping spot.
Opps if I have asked this before.......ole Jim syndrome maybe?..;)

Does your trailer have a "Wide-Trax" axle setup?....any comments on how that goes down the road vs normal placement?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought two of these at Camping World for our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner and moved them to our new 2015 Heartland Prowler:

http://www.campingworld.com/search/...=1&Ntpc=1&Ntt=Master+Mount+Locking+Cantilever

I got the small ones as we have a 24" and a 19" LED TV in our trailer (I plan on getting a 32" and putting the 19" in the house).

The best part about these is that they lock flat to the wall instead of having to strap the TV's to the wall or take them down and lay them on a flat surface while traveling.

And, the TV comes off easily if you want to use it somewhere else.

Most home-use swivel TV mounts have no locking feature as they really don't need it.

As for TV size, to be honest the 24" is plenty large enough for viewing and was the largest that our old Trail Runner would accept, but is too small for the space in our Prowler and looks kind of funny in that big hole.

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

Same TV mounted in our old Trail Runner:

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg