Furnace quit

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After working fine since we got the rig, the furnace decided to quit last night. Quit in that it does not answer the thermostat at all. Adjusting the temp to get it to come on I can hear a click from the Hunter thermostat, but absolutely nothing happens at the furnace. No blower, no sound, nothing. Checked the fuse, it's OK, and we have plenty of propane. It had been working fine the last few nights when the temps dropped but no longer. This is a Suburban furnace, not an Atwood.

On a good note (sort of), we were planning on pulling the rig home to storage the end of next week, so it looks like that might get moved up a few days. I'll take it to our dealer and have them look at it. I was going to take it to them, anyways, for routine bearing service. First we'll take it to storage so we can unload stuff, then over to the dealer.

At least the evening temps are supposed to rise back up into the 50's. It dropped into the 40's last night. Had to pull both cats on top of me to stay warm. :)

Add-on: After watching a couple of YouTube videos, the service operation doesn't look extreme, but it's not something I feel like taking on. I'm not even totally sure which model of furnace I have (think it's an SF-42, but the ID tag is behind the wall and under the blower). Sometimes you just gotta let the pro's handle it.

Just made an appointment to drop it off at the dealer on October 5 for service.

Last edited: