Southwest RV Supershow in Dallas

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Erika, you always make really good reports on what you see along with photos of both Heartland unit and "interesting" SOB's. I know you love your new BC but it might be helpful to someone else that is interested in a new unit if you reported on it.

IronJ

One of my best friends asked if I could go with him to that show as he is new and looking for a rig....

Unfortunately I'm still on vacation....but I would LOVE to go!!...

One of yall needs to...and take some pics..! Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok we went Saturday. Here's some pics:

4a206dfb644218ac8d0cf59f81513bbd.jpg

5d23242c66d4ad8bc0e8556a568c5e2b.jpg
e8acd523387251ccfe8550c198eb8668.jpg

Above: pics of the new Big Country Rear Den, 3965DSS. Sorry not more overall pics, you can see them on the Heartland website.

65b5eb5d1c9aefa2bc5e9b2d7c08c7c6.jpg

Above: This is the UDC on a Vanleigh by Tiffin. It has electric dump valves, and the water filter built in. Also, the UDC had its own compartment door, so you didn't have to open the basement to get to the UDC.

9c26d68fd8f323aa2ce6b174cc101fe6.jpg

Above: This was a unique location for the LevelUp control box, don't recall what brand.

e27c9f4a083545274cbe7ba0a9e54976.jpg

30efedb0be48925b5d9d9f10f3f0d5ed.jpg

a95ff42c26be4a8ff537ebe51ca8fbc1.jpg

Above: This was a unique middle-hinged bath door, in a Montana. Nice that you didn't have to step down the stair to open the door to the bath! Someone could actually pass by the hallway with the bath door open!

4bdd20922600a6e3ecf4b82fb9d23fe9.jpg

Above: gate off the side patio of a Cyclone. I assume stairs also attach, but on this model they did not have the stairs set up.

97e1f065d55ebd0edf615d10badcf2f9.jpg

Above: for those Texans a nice outdoor rug, 9x12!

3cb10f25861ded3819bf7e82bf32b2db.jpg

05a9eff305c144fcbb771933f3333918.jpg

c77ec3210e3311f4c37e4e5eb602169f.jpg

7b3d37e3c18e72379cc11c558b6a9fda.jpg
m
Note the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps STANDARD! (We have these and love them!)

6062836b2151b51e78f3eb99842b9436.jpg

ac1f19aa1fd69579c84bad65c4a89a7d.jpg

6 pics Above: a brand new triple axel Solitude floorplan from Grand Design, a front living fiver with a toyhauler space under the rear bedroom! This was really unique!! Sorry no inside pics.

Hope this helps, y'all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bones

Nice pics. I have some not so flattering pics of the Montana from the Hershey show. Lots of stuff was broken even the fancy door. :cool:

Heathcote4

We were there Saturday as well. Another show that the Road Warrior was not represented at all. We really wanted to see the 410RW, been looking for it for the last four shows with no success. Then we look this morning and the 410RW floor plan has been removed from the Heartland website.... Our 390RW is gone as well.... The 429 is a variation of the 410 but they took the dining table out. Frustrating... I guess no upgrade for us for a while.

TravelTiger

We were there Saturday as well. Another show that the Road Warrior was not represented at all. We really wanted to see the 410RW, been looking for it for the last four shows with no success. Then we look this morning and the 410RW floor plan has been removed from the Heartland website.... Our 390RW is gone as well.... The 429 is a variation of the 410 but they took the dining table out. Frustrating... I guess no upgrade for us for a while.

Yes, I think ExploreUSA is the only Heartland dealer at the Dallas show, so if they don't carry the line, they don't have one at that show.

TravelTiger

Nice pics. I have some not so flattering pics of the Montana from the Hershey show. Lots of stuff was broken even the fancy door. :cool:

I'm not promoting/bashing any other brand, just showing off ideas I had not seen before. That's why I go to the show, it's a good way to see what's out there in the marketplace. Good to see innovations that maybe solve issues we all complain about.

dlw930

Ok we went Saturday. Here's some pics:

97e1f065d55ebd0edf615d10badcf2f9.jpg

Above: for those Texans a nice outdoor rug, 9x12!

I want one of those! They would make great door prizes at the TX HOC rallies.

mlpeloquin

I just noticed that the picture of the UDC on a Vanleigh by Tiffin actually has a usable outside shower do to how it is mounted. If our units had three more feet of hose to the spray head, they would be usable too!

Bones

I'm not promoting/bashing any other brand, just showing off ideas I had not seen before. That's why I go to the show, it's a good way to see what's out there in the marketplace. Good to see innovations that maybe solve issues we all complain about.

I guess it came off that way now that I reread my post. Maybe I should just keep quiet sometimes.

IronJ

That gd hauler rear looks low?..maybe a bike would fit?..MAYBE!!...also the electric dump valves are cool...BUT I don't wanna be the first one they fail on....lol

TravelTiger

That gd hauler rear looks low?..maybe a bike would fit?..MAYBE!!...also the electric dump valves are cool...BUT I don't wanna be the first one they fail on....lol

Yes, It looked like a motorcycle or two dirt bikes would fit, but more like a great garage/storage space than a place for big toys. I was impressed that they came up with the solution for the fulltimer that wants to take more stuff, and not sacrifice living space. This thing is a TRIPLE AXLE! (Though it was wearing Westlake load range E tires.)

farside291

We considered the GD 376TH with the same garage to carry a golf cart. You don't loose any floor space and you get a nice big front living room. But, we'll wait and keep our BC.