ATF: Big Country - Kitchen faucet hot water low flow

trholthus

The kitchen faucet has low flow on the hot side. It has normal flow on the cold side. The bathroom wind and shower hot water flow looks normal. The hoses under the kitchen sink are not kinked. Any ideas? Should I take the faucet apart? If yes, how?

Jv75353

The first thing I would suggest doing is disconnecting the hot and cold water lines from your faucet and independently check the flow out each of them into a bucket. This may require two people to accomplish. If both lines flow the same then turn your attention to the faucet, check the inlet fitting connections for any foreign objects. You could remove the faucet and check it out with a different water source such as a garden hose adapted to fit the faucet connection. Last resort if the faucet is still not flowing correctly is to replace it from one of the big box stores. What type or style of faucet do you have?

TomNRae

The kitchen faucet has low flow on the hot side. It has normal flow on the cold side. The bathroom wind and shower hot water flow looks normal. The hoses under the kitchen sink are not kinked. Any ideas? Should I take the faucet apart? If yes, how?

Funny thing is that we're having the same issue with our RW 427, but in reverse. Our cold water has low flow in the kitchen sink only. I'm interested to see what you find out as the cause for your issue so that I can trouble shoot ours. :D I'm hopefully it's an easy fix.

campinman

We had great flow for about 6 months, now both cold and hot are very very low flow. I have taken head off, same thing. Tried replacing valve but got one like it but not quite right and no change in flow.

Cant find the right valve and have a picture of it.

Going to disconnect lines into valve to see if they have pressure, but watching the thread to see what works.

Westwind

I have just fixed our kitchen faucet which has one of the sprayers built into the faucet spout, flow had slowed to nothing, after contacting Dura Faucet they explained that there was a backflow in the water line to the faucet, Doc found it cleaned his and notified me of the location which was at the end of the line, it's tiny, which means once blocked you have no flow. Keep it in mind if your faucet slows down.
I have two house filters on our Bighorn but where we camp the water has a lot of calcium, when I took the backflow filter out of the line I also found sand, some folks have just cleaned out the backflow and it increased their water flow.

campinman

I have just fixed our kitchen faucet which has one of the sprayers built into the faucet spout, flow had slowed to nothing, after contacting Dura Faucet they explained that there was a backflow in the water line to the faucet, Doc found it cleaned his and notified me of the location which was at the end of the line, it's tiny, which means once blocked you have no flow. Keep it in mind if your faucet slows down.
I have two house filters on our Bighorn but where we camp the water has a lot of calcium, when I took the backflow filter out of the line I also found sand, some folks have just cleaned out the backflow and it increased their water flow.

I found that yesterday myself after taking everything else apart for a week and scratching my head. You are exactly right. It is in the very end of the hose to the faucet head right out of the faucet valve under the sink. I drilled it out with an 1/8" bit and the whole thing came out. Fantastic pressure and flow now.

Thanks for your response :)