EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Pine Mountain - 9/8/2017 to 9/11/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1andc2

we just booked 119, arriving Friday thru Sunday (8-10)
See you all there! Excited for our first rally as well :)

ps. should we bring finger foods to add for Friday night as well?
I see the side dishes and potluck for Saturday breakfast and dinner, just want to be prepared :)

thevanhouts

I see the side dishes and potluck for Saturday breakfast and dinner, just want to be prepared :)

I have the same question. as newbies I'm not sure what, if anything, we are to bring for finger food friday. I understand saturday.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Sorry to say that we will have to cancel going to the rally. On Wednesday traveling from Niagara Falls to Penn. on I-90 in NY. we were just coming into a construction zone going and stopping when we were rear ended by a suv doing 50-60 mph. We were not hurt,but the right rear of the 5th wheel took all the force.So far the estimate is $ 20,000 and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to fix . The guy in the suv is lucky to be alive. Considering how fast he was going,there were no skid marks,the 5th wheel was good with holding up. The truck was ok . We a full timers and making other living arrangements until we get the 5th wheel back which is in NY. Progressive is our insurance and they have been great so far. HAve fun at the rally and we will see you all done the road. Frank Sandidge

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh Frank - so sorry to hear about the wreck but thankful you both are ok. Please let us know the outcome.
PS: please double check to make sure the frame didn't or did get bent.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders

Yes....on Friday everyone should bring a finger food to share with the group. :)

Glad that y'all finally signed up for the rally. I know the drive is so very long...but it will be worth it! :D We'll leave breadcrumbs from your driveway so you can follow the trail.:p

- - - Updated - - -

Frank - So sorry to hear! We are glad that you are both okay and hope the best for your Fifth Wheel! We will miss seeing you again!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Sorry to say that we will have to cancel going to the rally. On Wednesday traveling from Niagara Falls to Penn. on I-90 in NY. we were just coming into a construction zone going and stopping when we were rear ended by a suv doing 50-60 mph. We were not hurt,but the right rear of the 5th wheel took all the force.So far the estimate is $ 20,000 and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to fix . The guy in the suv is lucky to be alive. Considering how fast he was going,there were no skid marks,the 5th wheel was good with holding up. The truck was ok . We a full timers and making other living arrangements until we get the 5th wheel back which is in NY. Progressive is our insurance and they have been great so far. HAve fun at the rally and we will see you all done the road. Frank Sandidge

Frank, Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear that the two of you are are alright.
There are more rally's in the future that we can all enjoy. Good luck with the repairs.
Randy

ljsexton

Hey Randy and Santha,
We are registered for site 113 for the rally. Saw this morning we were no longer on the list. Doesn't matter except if you are using it for a head count. Please count us in! See you Thursday.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Well turn out the lights and shut and lock the doors!!! The van Opstal's are coming!:eek:

We hope to arrive on Thursday, 9/7 for 5 nights, and the campground has us set for site #129. Be good to see everyone again. Let us know where we can help and any special requests.

Tsys100718

Newbie's, but we just made reservations to be there. We do not have a site # yet. This will be our FIRST time, please be gentle!;)

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Newbie's, but we just made reservations to be there. We do not have a site # yet. This will be our FIRST time, please be gentle!;)

Welcome to the club! You will not be the only first timers there....so no worries. You will definitely be welcomed...just be ready for plenty of socializing and good food! Looking forward to meeting y'all.

- - - Updated - - -

Well turn out the lights and shut and lock the doors!!! The van Opstal's are coming!:eek:

We hope to arrive on Thursday, 9/7 for 5 nights, and the campground has us set for site #129. Be good to see everyone again. Let us know where we can help and any special requests.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsys100718

Well, we have a confirmed reservation for Friday through Sunday. Our site # is 130. We will be there with bells on, if I can find where my wife hid my formal dress bells!:D

Last edited:

Randy

Well, we have a confirmed reservation for Friday through Sunday. Our site # is 130. We will be there with bells on, if I can find where my wife hid my formal dress bells!:D

Rich, Glad that you and Jeanne are attending. If you arrive without your dress bells I believe that the
rally will still be a success. Welcome to your first Rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy

I guess that I had better give everyone a update.. We are very pleased that we will be be meeting
several new couples. We hope that all of you enjoy your first rally and will return for more.
I have added to the Saturday potluck that there will be pork bbq and chicken bbq provided
by the club. Joe Shejbal, Paul Alfono, and I are going to smoke some pork butts on Saturday.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

divemart

Hi Randy,
Sorry to inform all you guys that we will not be able to attend the GA state rally. Things got a little crazy at home that require us to be here. We'll catch the next one...
Thanks,
Glenn and Paula Martin

Randy

Hi Randy,
Sorry to inform all you guys that we will not be able to attend the GA state rally. Things got a little crazy at home that require us to be here. We'll catch the next one...
Thanks,
Glenn and Paula Martin

Glenn, Home and family comes first. I wish you and Paula the best. We will see see you soon.

thevanhouts

I guess that I had better give everyone a update.. We are very pleased that we will be be meeting
several new couples. We hope that all of you enjoy your first rally and will return for more.
I have added to the Saturday potluck that there will be pork bbq and chicken bbq provided
by the club. Joe Shejbal, Paul Alfono, and I are going to smoke some pork butts on Saturday.

Fantastic! that will go great with the smoked mac n cheese I will be making. Denise and I are very much looking forward to our first rally and meeting everyone. Let's just hope the weather holds out for us.

Buster537

Randy,
I am sorry to say we are going to have to cancel in preparation for the storm. Here bottle water is already very hard to find and fuel prices are rising by the hour. It is my understanding all tolls in Florida have now been dropped for the evacuations. Hope you have a great rally, God Bless you all, safe travels
James

Randy

Fantastic! that will go great with the smoked mac n cheese I will be making. Denise and I are very much looking forward to our first rally and meeting everyone. Let's just hope the weather holds out for us.
Heard about smoked Mac and Cheese but never tried it. Looking forward to it. Will be enjoyable to
taste it. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

- - - Updated - - -

Randy,
I am sorry to say we are going to have to cancel in preparation for the storm. Here bottle water is already very hard to find and fuel prices are rising by the hour. It is my understanding all tolls in Florida have now been dropped for the evacuations. Hope you have a great rally, God Bless you all, safe travels
James

James, I totally understand and wish the best for you and your Wife. Take care and We will include
you in our prayers along with the others affected by the recent hurricanes. Randy & Santha j

ccarrington99

North Carolina Chapter Leaders-retired
Randy and Santha,
I am sorry to let you know we are not going to make the rally. Work has gotten in the way for us due to the storm and some deadlines that were dropped in Candi's lap. She would have had to work the whole time we were there. Hope to see you soon.

Regards
Chris

thevanhouts

so i have to be the elephant in the room. Thoughts: the weather looks like it will be nice but a bit breezy. do we still attend? will we be getting in line on the highway with all the other evacuees on Sunday and crawl home? would we be better off giving up our site so evacuees have a place to go to? I'm playing wait and see. being our first rally we are really looking forward to attending but the eagle scout in me is looking at the practical side. anyone else have any thoughts that might make this decision easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.