counter stickers

deee2

Help! I am cleaning the new Bighorn and there are huge sheets of information stuck to the counter tops. I was only able to peel a small portion of it off and the rest.. is stuck.

Anyone know what is safe to use on the counter that will remove this residue? I wish it was illegal for these types of labels. Sigh

Donna :)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
donna
I use peanut butter to get stickers off. Once you have peeled off most of the paper put a liberal slathering of peanut butter on and leave if for a while. Once it has had a chance to soak, then use you finger and polish off the glue. Wipe up and wash down the counter. Anything left can be given another nut job...

Uncle Rog

Interesting Rand, interesting, I wonder if mayonaise would also work? HA! Our rig came with no specs inside the rig and our outside spec plate calls for E range tires with 80#'s of pressure...................

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
If the peanut butter doesn't work - get some lighter fluid, soak the sticker residue, turn on the Fantastic Fan, get your favorite cold beer, get your BBQ grill lighter, step back a bit...light the sticker on fire! :D Driink your beer and watch it burn! :D

Just kidding...Don't do that!

I am assuming you have the Hanex solid surface counter tops? Check this link! http://www.hanex-i.com/contents/customer/care.asp They have cleaning tips you might try.

Donna, I repeat...Don't burn down your Bighorn! :)

deee2

Thank you all, and I promise we won't burn down the Bighorn..... yikes!!! I was wondering if the Goo-Gone was safe, I'm not sure what the counters are. I guess the Hanex? It just says solid surface! If you (Steve) use the Goo Gone, I think that's what I'll try tomorrow. I did get all the paper off, just the sticky stuff is left.

Joe Isuzu

Goo-Gone!

Steve & Donna,

I haven't personally used goo gone on my counter tops but I have used it on everything else that I can't get the decal or paper remnants off. Metal, glass, plastic etc. There is no guarantee but I would not hesitate to use it on my bighorn counter tops. I use it on my vehicles windshields, plastic containers, floppy discs, cds, my boat fiberglass, etc. It's pretty mild and works very well. This is the way it is advertised:

"Goo Gone® is a quick and fast working solution to remove adhesive, chewing gum, grease, tar, stickers, tree sap, labels, tape residue, oil, blood, lipstick, mascara, shoe polish, crayon, wax and even bumper stickers! It leaves no residue behind and contains no harsh odors. Safe to use on carpets, upholstery, clothing, wood, vinyl, plastic, glass, stone, laminate, ceramic, painted surfaces and even cement."

Your mileage may vary!

Steve S.