Adjustable Shackles

gardan69

I was reading some information the dealer gave me about the Cyclone and it said the Cyclone has adjustable shackles. Anyone know what this is for or had to adjust them ?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The adjustments will give you more or less ground clearance. This can also be adjusted, if needed, to raise or lower your rig to get it to the proper height for towing - depending on the height of your hitch in your truck. I haven't needed to adjust mine. This is my understanding of what the adjustments are for. I have read that some folks have adjusted them for maximum ground clearance, since they frequently haul off-road. :)

davelinde

I have not adjusted mine, but I've had a similar setup before and adjusted them to level my FW when towed on my higher 4x4 truck. To adjust you jack all the wheels on one side and pull them. Then you remove the bolts holding the spring to the frame and reposition them at the height you desire. There are several choices. On my last setup the bolts had shoulders to stop you from crushing the frame and the hardest part of the job was getting the shoulder to line up again when re-inserting the bolt. Over all, heavy work, but not at all difficult.