ATF: Cyclone - Problems

Fordfxr

I have a 2016 Cyclone 4000. Took it out on its maiden voyage this past weekend. First the living room slide is moving out while moving down the road. Second I cant get my invertor switch for my fridge to work so my fridge doesnt cool going down the road and last but not least when I hooked up to city water with the valve set on city I had a lake under my unit in the morning. Were going to try to take a long trip with the 4000 in late October but starting to get a little worried.

danemayer

Hi Fordfxr,

On the slide, you may have some control valves near the hydraulic pump that can be manually operated. If one has been opened manually, fluid can move through the valve allowing movement of the slide. I don't know which direction is closed, but you might look at the pump and hoses and check the valves.

On the fridge, you may have 2 battery cutoff switches near the batteries. Both need to be on. The inverter has to be manually started after battery power is restored. For more info, check the block diagram and diagnostic flowchart in our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide.

On the water under the rig, there could be any of several causes. If you towed through heavy rain, water may have gotten into the underbelly and later drained out at the site. It's also possible that there's a problem with the internal check valve in the water pump. It prevents water from flowing backward into the fresh tank, causing overflow. Another possibility is that the 4-way Anderson Valve is leaking internally, allowing water to overflow the fresh tank. The fresh tank has overflow fittings that usually are routed outside the frame. There've been a few cases where the overflows weren't brought out and overflowing water collects in the underbelly.

Fordfxr

That sounds like good info. Thanks a lot. Now if you can tell me where those manual valves are i might be able to figure it out.

danemayer

That sounds like good info. Thanks a lot. Now if you can tell me where those manual valves are i might be able to figure it out.
Locations vary, but the valves are usually on or near the hydraulic pump. That's often in the front storage compartment.
I've attached a couple of pictures that are probably from Bighorns or Big Countrys. Yours might be similar.

Attachments

• DSC04482.jpg
    DSC04482.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC04483.jpg
    DSC04483.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 78

danemayer

Larger slides are usually hydraulic and sometimes all the slides are hydraulic. But on some rigs the smaller slides, like the bedroom, may be electric. On a Cyclone, if you have the 6 point auto-leveling, it's all hydraulic.

jam20ster

On my Cyclone 4200 the large slideout is on the hydraulic system with the jacks. Im not sure about my bedroom slide though.

Snaredrum

Larger slides are usually hydraulic and sometimes all the slides are hydraulic. But on some rigs the smaller slides, like the bedroom, may be electric. On a Cyclone, if you have the 6 point auto-leveling, it's all hydraulic.

Except mine. I have 6 point auto-leveling and my bedroom slide is electric.

rhodies1

Locations vary, but the valves are usually on or near the hydraulic pump. That's often in the front storage compartment.
I've attached a couple of pictures that are probably from Bighorns or Big Countrys. Yours might be similar.[/QUOTE

to ensure your bi directional valves are closed,you need a 5/32 nd. Allen key,insert it in the end of the valve for the slide and turn clockwise,if it will not turn your valve is already closed and you most likely have another issue.the bi directional valves have an attachment on them with 2 wires attached which directs the valve open or closed.