Bedroom slide leak

JerryDH

My bedroom slide on my 2016 bighorn 3160EL leaks in the lower rear corner. I have taken it into the dealer twice and they have not been able to fix it. when it rains water drips off of the cable pulleys behind the trim. The carpet under the slide corner gets wet. It will leak even if the slide is in. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Chris55

I have a similar problem with the bedroom slide on my 3175re wilderness. It leaks a little with the slide closed during high winds and rain seals look good slide seems to be closing properly can't find where it's coming in from would also like some input on this.........thanks

dieseldog

Its the caulking on the seal that surrounds your slide opening. Think its called a D-seal.
Mine leaked the exact same way. I redid all the caulking on the bedroom slide its self, and it still leaked. Even removed the windows thinking it was a bad gasket lol. Got up there with a ladder and there was about a 6" strip of caulk missing along the outside edge of that seal. Water got in through that little gap, ran down the inside and would drip off the pulley and cables in the corner.
Make sure every inch from top to bottom has a nice bead of caulk along the edge, or water will work its way in.

I read your post yesterday as I was posting one for my self. I want to thank you for this information. You saved our day. We had a leak and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. He followed you advise last night and this morning..... NO WATER! Thank you so much for sharing.

Its the caulking on the seal that surrounds your slide opening. Think its called a D-seal.
Mine leaked the exact same way. I redid all the caulking on the bedroom slide its self, and it still leaked. Even removed the windows thinking it was a bad gasket lol. Got up there with a ladder and there was about a 6" strip of caulk missing along the outside edge of that seal. Water got in through that little gap, ran down the inside and would drip off the pulley and cables in the corner.
Make sure every inch from top to bottom has a nice bead of caulk along the edge, or water will work its way in.

dieseldog

Your very welcome! Glad it took care of your leak. Make sure and check all the slides for the same issue so you don't have any surprises down the road with soft floors.