Bastrop State Park, Tx

Holoholo

Great restful weekend. Park has about 25 level sites with full 50amp hook up all for $25 a day. Was a great shakedown for our new Sundance 2880. Park on the mend after 2011 fire and coming back great.

danemayer

Hi Holoholo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on the new Sundance. Good to hear that Bastrop is coming back.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on our new SD and welcome aboard. Haven't been to Bastrop since the fire. Enjoy your new rig and look at the HOC.

avvidclif

Congrats on our new SD and welcome aboard. Haven't been to Bastrop since the fire. Enjoy your new rig and look at the HOC.

We were there 3 -4 years ago and the park was really nice. It was starting to come back but still lots of dead stumps. Going to have to plan another trip down there and check out the difference.

Edit: Wow does time slow down. June 2014. A few pictures. I didn't see it before the fire but it had to be beautiful.

Attachments

• DSCN1186.JPG
    DSCN1186.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1189.JPG
    DSCN1189.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN1195.JPG
    DSCN1195.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN1187.JPG
    DSCN1187.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

TxRoadWarrior362

Great park! Congrats on your new camper. Did you find any punch list items to get ironed out?

last time at that park was in January a few years back. My son and I rented a canoe, and decided to take our 100 lbs. Weimaraner Duke with us. All was good until a duck landed, and all three of us ended up in the lake. Worst part was the walk of shame to our campsite soaking wet. Lol

Holoholo

Great park! Congrats on your new camper. Did you find any punch list items to get ironed out?

last time at that park was in January a few years back. My son and I rented a canoe, and decided to take our 100 lbs. Weimaraner Duke with us. All was good until a duck landed, and all three of us ended up in the lake. Worst part was the walk of shame to our campsite soaking wet. Lol

Something happened to the lake dam and it drained all the water out. It is nothing more than a small pond now. Must have been a beautiful addition to the park.

U2fletch

Something happened to the lake dam and it drained all the water out. It is nothing more than a small pond now. Must have been a beautiful addition to the park.

We live in Bastrop and maidened our new Cyclone 3110 back in August at North Shore Park. Had a very nice time. The walking trail to South Shore is very nice, although the bridge is still out so you can't get all the way between the two parks.

Are you referring to the dam break that occurred a few years ago? That was on a small reservoir south of the lake and it flooded some homes in the Tahitian Village area.

Jeff

Holoholo

We live in Bastrop and maidened our new Cyclone 3110 back in August at North Shore Park. Had a very nice time. The walking trail to South Shore is very nice, although the bridge is still out so you can't get all the way between the two parks.

Are you referring to the dam break that occurred a few years ago? That was on a small reservoir south of the lake and it flooded some homes in the Tahitian Village area.

Jeff
Have no idea. All we know is We were told there used to be a much larger lake and it drained from dam failure.