Help - I can't get any action from Guaranty RV and they said it was a Heartland issue.

Danschwab

My wife and I are new to the RV world and purchased a 2015 2650BH. We have been very happy with it except the trailer leans and dips down in the front right passenger side by about 2 inches. The trailer is level in the back but dips down in the front right. I took the trailer to who I purchased it from (Guaranty RV)and they said it must be something wrong with the frame like it is twisted and was probably like that from the manufacturer. I kind of agree with them because I have been having a hard time leveling it since I got the trailer. Most of our campsites have been uneven so I never really noticed it that much. I purchased the extended 7 year warranty but the dealer said this is not a warranty issue because it was not caused by an accident, etc. The dealer now says I need to take this problem up with Heartland or LCI. Not sure who that is. This is really frustrating as I am a retired army vet on a limited income and I feel like I am getting the runaround. I purchased a Heartland trailer in the beginning because I heard it was a great company and product. We have met some wonderful people in the heartland group and rally. Any help or advise would be appreciated. I am located in Corvallis, Oregon. thank you

jimtoo

Hi Danschwab,

Sorry to hear your having a problem with your dealer and getting service. I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Explain your problem with the unit and ask what they recommend you do, other than taking it back to your dealer. Heartland has some independent RV service centers that will do warranty work for them.

Keep us up do date.

Jim M

Garypowell

X2 on calling Heartland. They wanted pictures of mine... I did a video too. Out of warranty they fixed it...I did have to get back to the factory myself.

Just talk calmly to them....don't run on about how bad their dealer is..just explain what you see and ask how they can help you.

wdk450

X2 on calling Heartland. They wanted pictures of mine... I did a video too. Out of warranty they fixed it...I did have to get back to the factory myself.

Just talk calmly to them....don't run on about how bad their dealer is..just explain what you see and ask how they can help you.

LCI is Lippert, the frame vendor. They have plants in Oregon, in McMinnville and Pendelton. As someone suggested on another thread, you might want a professional insurance RV adjuster/forensic investigator to check this out, and give his professional opinion. This might be on your dime, though.

Here is a link to the LCI plants listings: http://www.lci1.com/locations

TXTiger

A extended warranty has nothing to do with an accident. It covers repairs on malfunctioning equipment. Check your policy to see if the frame is covered. It may or may not be covered. If this is a new unit than Heartland and Lipperts warranty should cover you. I agree with the previous posts. Call Heartland and I would also call Lippert directly.

Danschwab

A extended warranty has nothing to do with an accident. It covers repairs on malfunctioning equipment. Check your policy to see if the frame is covered. It may or may not be covered. If this is a new unit than Heartland and Lipperts warranty should cover you. I agree with the previous posts. Call Heartland and I would also call Lippert directly.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I will call heartland and LCI. I appreciate all the advise.