Landmark Poll: Your thoughts on a different type of table for a shorter (35') unit

Would you be okay with NOT having a traditional dinette table (have removable table instead)?

• Yes - this would work for us in order to get a shorter unit

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No - this would not work for us - we'd rather see something else removed or made smaller

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

The attached poll has been put online at the request of the Landmark GM, Andy Wesdorp. Please vote in the poll and please consider leaving feedback in the thread about your thoughts on a short Landmark and what you'd be happy with having removed from the coach to reduce it's overall length.

Poll question: "Would you be okay with NOT having a traditional dinette table and instead, have a removable/storable single-leg table, mounted to the floor in a large slide out in order to have a luxury 35' unit?"

Here's is a mockup of what it might look like:
LM_Removable_Dinette_Table.jpg

Your vote will not be made public. Poll will run for 14 days.

jbeletti

I voted!

For Nancy and I, in the RV, we rarely eat at the dinette table. We do use the table for other stuff - mostly for storing items on and under. We generally eat our meals, seated in our theater seating. We use a small, tall table in front of the theater seating.

So if I were in the market for a short unit, I would be in favor of having no dinette table and we'd continue to eat at the theater seating. Unsure if I'd put up the removable table or not. Might be hard to get out of the chair unless the table pivoted. That would be cool.

I've also see theater seating with tables that connect to each seat - that could be viable too.

Let's hear from you! What do you think?

Bones

Can you have the table come out of the sofa? dual use

- - - Updated - - -

How about making an overhang on the island with stools and no table and a place to store the stools right in the slide.

Speedy

Rana and I have yet to sit in theater seating that is comfortable, for us it would be either deleted or removed prior to taking delivery. Again to each there own. But the trend to overly puffy furniture really eats up floor space for no real reason.

Since owning our Big Country for 5 years all the furniture except for the dinning table has been replaced because they uncomfortable or too bulky. As my MIL (Melba) gets settled in to her 2014 Big Horn the more the furniture is either removed or replaced. With this in mind our next Heartland (Big Horn or Landmark) will be order stripped. Keeping it simple but high quality is in my mind the best way to go.

Lou_and_Bette

Like Jim, we rarely eat at table and use it mainly as desk/storage. We had exact setup in our RW and never used that at all. I think some sort of folding table that could be setup in living room floor space would be a good option. In our current BH, we don't have coffee table and have open area in center of living area that small square table that would seat 4 is doable.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Whether the unit is short or long I would like to see the table either removed and the space used for a cabinet or give a choice of a smaller table if people feel the need to sit while they eat. We haven't sat at our table in years and when we travel it rubs up against the sink cabinet and now I have worn marks there and on the table also these tables are too tight for four adults to sit at comfortably too. I don't like the tables that are in the RW or Cyclones I feel like I'm sitting in a cafeteria just my opinion. Our entertainment chairs are very comfortable. It might be nice to give people the option to replace the dinette table with a coffee table that the top lifts up and is just about as wide as the tables are for two people we have seen them in some of the bighorns already. We also have the tall narrow table that came with the Landmark that we use too. It would be great if we as owners would have the flexibility to order what our needs are opposed to what the industry feels we should have. I like the fact you guys are always asking us for our opinions it does make a difference to us as the consumer.

Last edited:

MTPockets

Our 35' Big Horn has a table with a leaf. We have 4 chairs and have had four people sitting for dinner or games. It's also been great for spreading out various paperwork, etc. A table is a must have.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

For Rhonda and I we always eat at the table and have had all 4 chairs at it many times some times 5 chairs to play games.
We NEVER eat in the living room at home or our RV. Sounds like we're the odd ones on this thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
A shorter Landmark without a table would be great....just a thought how about having the Theater seats with a tray table within the arm rest like those on the commercial airlines...but nicer!!!!!!

jbeletti

With regard to "theater seating", that's what we have in our coach now and is why I used that in my example. The image in post #1 is not of theater seating. I understand theater seating is not everyone's bag :)

TikiDawg

The attached poll has been put online at the request of the Landmark GM, Andy Wesdorp. Please vote in the poll and please consider leaving feedback in the thread about your thoughts on a short Landmark and what you'd be happy with having removed from the coach to reduce it's overall length.

Poll question: "Would you be okay with NOT having a traditional dinette table and instead, have a removable/storable single-leg table, mounted to the floor in a large slide out in order to have a luxury 35' unit?"

Here's is a mockup of what it might look like:
View attachment 48107

Your vote will not be made public. Poll will run for 14 days.

Sorry, but we can't vote the on the pole the way it is written. Either vote approves a shorter Landmark, which is not acceptable. To us the Landmark is the Top Tier in the Heartland Line and having a shorter "economy version" takes away from the prestige of owning a "Top of the Line" Landmark 365.

BusManRG

We would prefer a table. We enjoy playing games with friends and as a still working teacher, the table is where I can grade a few papers on a weekend getaway. Is your mock-up fairly accurate? Because another thing that is important to us is a good line of sight to the tv. We enjoy our theater seats and the big screen. Catching up on movies is part of our getaway plan! The seating, as it is laid out, has the island blocking one seat and the rear seats would require someone to sit and twist toward the tv. 2 strikes for us. I personally don't feel a shorter Landmark would downgrade the Landmark image, it would just allow those of us without duallies to upgrade to higher quality unit.

Sandy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If I was "moving up" to a Landmark, I don't think I'd want something that belongs in a mid-range TT as a dining table.

asherwin

I could see the dining table replaced by airline style tables on either the couch or theatre seats and/or flip up on the couch side (your diagram) of the island. Doing both allows for company to join for dinner as well albeit in a less formal setting.

RoadJunkie

We are not in favor of removing the dining table. But, with full disclosure, we are not going to buy a Landmark. We feel Landmark is recently undergoing some sort of identity crisis and struggling to settle on a niche that would bolster sales. We've already gone beyond answering the simple question asked, so we'll stop at that.

kkamshop

Here's my two cents worth...

Use theatre seating where the sofa is and put a table and chairs in the back where the recliners are. My reasoning is that the sofa area is the best television viewing angle and if the chairs were somewhat like an office chair with a swivel seat they could be dual purpose for eating and desk work.

Don't know how to put that idea into the poll so I will not vote.

jlsr

How about making an overhang on the island with stools and no table and a place to store the stools right in the slide.

This would work for us! We have a SOB now, 37' with rear living with dinette next to theater seats. Almost never use the table; when we do use it its very cramped anyway. I really like the idea of an overhang on one side of the island with barstools.

We will be anxious to see what you come up with!

And the theater seats and sofa need to be swapped so theater seats are across from TV.

VKTalley

Here's my two cents worth...

Use theatre seating where the sofa is and put a table and chairs in the back where the recliners are. My reasoning is that the sofa area is the best television viewing angle and if the chairs were somewhat like an office chair with a swivel seat they could be dual purpose for eating and desk work.

Don't know how to put that idea into the poll so I will not vote.

This was mine thoughts too, as I do like and use the dinning table and would prefer the recliners facing the tv.