New Bighorn owners from Michigan

Big-B

Greetings,

My wife and I recently bought a very clean 2010 Bighorn 3055RL. It is replacing a Montana 3280RL that we have had for 9 years. So far we really like some of the features of the much newer Bighorn like being able to use the kitchen without having to open slides.

There are a few things that we want to do like add central vac and an inverter. I added a Xantrex prosine 2.0 to the Montana and it worked fine for a couple of years but it quit working and I found out that they are not repairable according to the manufacturer and some other repair places. I'm planning on a Magnum this time as I am told that they are repairable if I should have a problem. If anybody has any advice for the inverter installation I am all ears.

My wife has been looking at central vac systems for it and is leaning towards a Dometic. Any advice on this would also be appreciated.

We haven't camped in it yet but are planning on spending the winter in it out in Arizona on our property there. We are completely off grid so the inverter is fairly necessary. I had 6 Trojan T105 golf cart batteries in the Montana but might only use 4 of them in the Bighorn.

This site looks like it has a lot of good information on it and I have been looking it over but have one concern. Other forums that I am on always show oldest posts in a thread first but this site shows the newest ones first which seems like reading a book backwards. I tried to change the setting but it didn't change anything. Any help in this would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Big B

jimtoo

When you changed your linear setting to "oldest first", did you scroll all the way to bottom and "save changes?" Some folks don't and it will not save changes.

Jim M

kowAlski631

Welcome! Hope y'all love your BH as much as we love ours. We have a central vac and it's rarely used. Easier for us to use a Dyson.
Have a great time!

Martha

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our central vac is a Dirt Devil. It does a decent job and gets used frequently enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big-B

When you changed your linear setting to "oldest first", did you scroll all the way to bottom and "save changes?" Some folks don't and it will not save changes.

Jim M

Hi Jim and thanks for the tip. I tried to change it yesterday and used the save button but it didn't work. Today it appears to be working fine though.

Oregon_Camper

Greetings,

We are completely off grid so the inverter is fairly necessary. I had 6 Trojan T105 golf cart batteries in the Montana but might only use 4 of them in the Bighorn.

Do you have power on your property or will you also be adding solar?

Big-B

Do you have power on your property or will you also be adding solar?

No power on our property. The nearest power is about a mile away and power company said it would be $45K to run power for a mile so I think solar and wind supplemented by a generator is in order. That is what we did last time we were there.

Currently have 4 150 watt panels and a 400 watt wind generator.