ATF: North Trail - NT 30RKDD Wiring

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I am wanting to install a hard wired surge protector in the same area as the power panel. There is an orange insulated Romex style wire coming out of the floor with a separate exposed ground wire coming from the same place. Is this the lead from the external power receptacle? Is it possible to get the 120V and 12V wiring schematics for my trailer?

danemayer

Hi Apropdoc,

I don't think the factory has ever released electrical schematics. And if they did, that wouldn't necessarily guarantee how any wire you're looking at is related to wires on the drawing.

With 50 amp 4-prong shore power cords, the wires going to the circuit breaker panel are #6 gauge which is a pretty thick wire compared to 12 gauge or 14 gauge that you'd find going to a 20 amp or 15 amp outlet. I don't think you'll find any other #6 wire in the coach.

But the only way to be 100% positive would be to use an ohm meter to check continuity between the wires going to the breaker panel and the prongs on the shore power cord.

Apropdoc

I figured I would have to do so, but I would like to see the correlation of what wires go to what items from the breaker/fuse box. The orange Romex is a standard 10 AWG, but I was hoping the NT Rep could confirm that it is from the receptacle for the 30 AMP service and there is nothing else installed between the two.

I am wanting to install a hard wired surge protector in the same area as the power panel. There is an orange insulated Romex style wire coming out of the floor with a separate exposed ground wire coming from the same place. Is this the lead from the external power receptacle? Is it possible to get the 120V and 12V wiring schematics for my trailer?
I have a 30rkdd and the orange wire is the one that runs to the receptacle. It runs back behind the sink and and stove and comes out below the frig behind the little fake wall in that storage area. After taking out the few screws that hold that little wall and manipulating it up and out of the way you can see the orange wire. This is where I installed the hard wired surge protector. Hope this helps..
jim.

Apropdoc

Thanks Jim, I anticipated that from looking at some drawings from the factory...

Attachments

• 20161019080055705.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20161019080119382.pdf
    321.8 KB · Views: 34