EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IN, Shipshewana - 10/5/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Here's a tentative schedule for our rally, please feel free to comment on any part of it. Especially, who is interested in going to the Blue Gate Restaurant Friday evening? (If you haven't been there, this'll be a treat.)

Schedule

· Thursday October 5, from 8am -10am. Simple breakfast stuff (coffee, juice, tasty pastry); at the South Pavilion. Announcements at 9:00

· Thursday evening, 5pm - 7pm for dinner, meet and greet at South Pavilion. Campfire follows (weather permitting, will discuss at dinner.)
o PALTeam chili provided, as well as crackers, onions, cheese, jalapenas (yes, and bowls and spoons).
o BYOBeverage, water will be provided.
o Bring a side dish, if you wish. Hint: lots of folks like cornbread with their chili. Deserts are also welcome!

· Friday October 6, 8:00 am-10 :00am for a hot breakfast at the South Pavilion
o Sausage gravy and biscuits, butter and jellies
o Announcements at 9:00
o Rig tour (optional) after breakfast ‘til whenever; start at the Hestermann’s, Site

· Friday evening from 5pm-?? Dinner at The Blue Gate? Campfire follows (weather permitting, will discuss at dinner.)

· Saturday morning from 8am -9:30 am for more simple breakfast stuff at the South Pavilion

· Saturday evening, 5:00 to 8pm for HOC meet and greet activities and Pot Luck Dinner at the South Pavilion. Campfire follows (weather permitting, will discuss at dinner.)
o Thanksgiving Theme
o Main dish (??) provided
o Please bring a side dish to share

· Sunday morning for continental style breakfast from 8:00am-9:30am. At the South Pavilion

· Sunday evening, 5:00, gather at TBD for leftovers and camaraderie.

Other things and stuff:
· Anyone want to play golf? There are several courses in the area. You floggers, er, I mean golfers, probably know them better than I do (that is, nothing) about the local courses, but I’ll be happy to ask someone to arrange an outing. 😉
· Shipshe (local people call it that) has a ton of stuff to do. If you’ve been there before, I won’t bore you with details. If you haven’t been there before, here’s a short list, and there’s lots more in the welcome packet.
o This week is the last hurrah for the flea market, which is quite large. North of the campground on SR 5, easy to find.
o Lots of shopping along SR5, but don’t be afraid to get off the main road, especially to the East to find lots of other shopping and food.
o One of my favorite places is the Hardware Store on SR5. It’s BIG and has LOTS of stuff, including hardware!
o Wanacup Restaurant has the best homemade root beer, reminds me of the old time A&W.
· Shipshe is ‘dry’, so bring your adult beverages or plan on driving a few miles.
· Lots of Amish and Menonites around, so please beware of horses, carriages and bicyclist as you motor around. Horses, especially, don’t observe traffic signs and signals!

happykraut

1-We'll skip the Blue Gate.
2-Yes to the Kleen Tank seminar.
3-NO, NO, NO to the Sky med seminar. They are ungodly over priced.

kkamshop

Lyle, we will be arriving Thursday evening, maybe too late for dinner. We would enjoy the meal at the Blue Gate, don't really care one way or the other about the seminars.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. And shopping in Shipshe and surrounding areas.
Kathy plans to go fabric shopping at Zincks in Ligonier Friday morning if any of the ladies would like to go along.

RDsStudio59

PaL,
Thanks for the update.
We will join you at the Blue Gate on Friday.
Kleen Tank, maybe.....
Sky Med, probably not.....

Safe Travels,

Roger

PALTeam

PaL,
Thanks for the update.
We will join you at the Blue Gate on Friday.
Kleen Tank, maybe.....
Sky Med, probably not.....

Safe Travels,

Roger

Thanks Roger!

Lyle

- - - Updated - - -

Lyle, we will be arriving Thursday evening, maybe too late for dinner. We would enjoy the meal at the Blue Gate, don't really care one way or the other about the seminars.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. And shopping in Shipshe and surrounding areas.
Kathy plans to go fabric shopping at Zincks in Ligonier Friday morning if any of the ladies would like to go along.

Thanks, Ken. Will save you some chili.

Lyle

CoveredWagon

We will be in Elkhart to have disc brakes installed on Friday the 6th, so God willing we'll join y'all that evening and for the remainder of the rally. Blue will be dependent on time of arrival. DW looooooves to eat out ��

Last edited:

PALTeam

We will be in Elkhart to have disc brakes installed on Friday the 6th, so God willing we'll join y'all that evening and for the remainder of the rally. Blue will be dependent on time of arrival. DW looooooves to eat out ��

Hope all goes well with the install and you can join us sooner than later!

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Hey everyone, really looking forward to the Rally in Shipshe! The shopping, the food, the Rise and Shine pastries Heaven! We are in for the Blue Gate on Friday night, no on the Sky Med, and don't one way or the other about Kleen Tank. Your Rally is always so much fun and very laid back. See everyone soon.

CoveredWagon

Hope all goes well with the install and you can join us sooner than later!

Thanks 😊
We've been thinking and since we have to be there the afternoon of the 5th (they'll start work at 6 am on the 6th) we might be able to stop over and say hi in the afternoon and stay for the campfire 🔥 return to Morryde for the night and efc etc. I'm always scheming 😉

PALTeam

Thanks 😊
We've been thinking and since we have to be there the afternoon of the 5th (they'll start work at 6 am on the 6th) we might be able to stop over and say hi in the afternoon and stay for the campfire 🔥 return to Morryde for the night and efc etc. I'm always scheming 😉

Like your scheming! Hope it works out.

Lyle

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay PALTeam, I registered, be there on Tuesday October 3rd.
We are in for the Blue Gate. Gotta love that place.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.