EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IN, Shipshewana - 10/5/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoveredWagon

"Rig tour (optional) after breakfast ‘til whenever; start at the Hestermann’s, Site"

we won't be arriving until some time late in the day Friday, but our rig will always be open for a tour if anyone cares to see a baby Bighorn 😉

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
This rally sounds like it is going to be alot of fun and Dan and I are sad that we won't be able to be there and enjoy every thing..

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Doing the buffet at the Blue Gate is perfect for us. Looking forward to the Rally! See everyone soon.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Here are some updates:
  • Looks like the weather is going to be great; keep your fingers crossed!
  • Contrary to what we were told earlier in the year, the outdoor flea market will be closed. But there will be an indoor flea market; it'll be smaller, and on the west side of the main drag - pretty much across the street from the outdoor market.
  • Pam and I visited Shipshe last Friday and confirmed arrangements with the Blue Gate. The buffet is huge and it all looks yummy!
  • We also visited the Visitors Center and they are putting together a bunch of info for us.
  • We had a very nice chat with Cindy at Shipshewana Campground South, and she's excited to be seeing us.
  • We do have the pavilion for the weekend, no worries there. Does anyone have one of those big roasters? (Karen refers to it as the "Nesco"). If so would you bring it?
  • We have $5 coupons for the Meadow Valley golf club in Middlebury for anyone who is interested.

Anyone have any questions or comments?

See you soon!

Lyle

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We always have a "Nesco" in the camper, it sounds like your covered.

Peace
Dave

jimpav

We are at the Iowa rally enjoying Oktoberfest. Upon hearing some of the rally goers are going to the Shipshewana rally after this one, we would also like to attend, if not too late to make reservations.
We will have to replenish supplies at home in Holland, and should arrive on Thursday. We will call today to see if any spots left.
yes, we will bring a roaster if still needed......let me know. Also, would like to attend dinner at the Bulegate, if not too late as well.
the flea market is usually on Wednesdays.......since rally starts on Thursday, what day is it open then?
sorry for the late decision on attending.

CoveredWagon

We are at the Iowa rally enjoying Oktoberfest. Upon hearing some of the rally goers are going to the Shipshewana rally after this one, we would also like to attend, if not too late to make reservations.

Jim we hope you and Claudia make it. It'll be great to see you again. We will be in Elkhart on the 5th to have disc brakes put on and may drop in at the rally that afternoon. We plan to drag our rig to the rally on the afternoon of the 6th .

PALTeam

Great to hear it, Jim! Only hold up I can think of is if there is room at the campground, but am pretty sure there is. Will go ahead and add you to the attendees for the rally and the Blue Gate. Don't think we'll need your roaster, but thanks anyway.

The Fall Crafter's Fair is going on Oct 5, 6 and 7. The "Across the Road Indoor Marketplace" is on Friday and Saturday.

Lyle

We will have to replenish supplies at home in Holland, and should arrive on Thursday. We will call today to see if any spots left.
yes, we will bring a roaster if still needed......let me know. Also, would like to attend dinner at the Bulegate, if not too late as well.
the flea market is usually on Wednesdays.......since rally starts on Thursday, what day is it open then?
sorry for the late decision on attending.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link to the Shipshewana Visitor's Center/Bureau, lots of stuff to see and do! Buy livestock at either Shipshe or Topeka; milk your own cow or ride your own horse - buy a toy hauler and turn the garage into a stall ;-)

http://visitshipshewana.org/#/gallery/recent

PALTeam

Not to worry, ATMs are all around ;-)

That reminds me, if anyone wants to shop at E&S Bulk Foods (lotsa stuff, decent prices), they are cash or check only. Of course, an ATM is on site. (Corrected to "E" &S, not "D"D.)

Love that craft fair - need to bring more money....

kicknit

Hi Lyle,
Dawn and I will attend the Blue Gate!
Looking forward to the rally.
See you in a couple of days!
Rick Trott

CoveredWagon

Pam & Lyle thanks so much for the warm welcome. Looks like your rally is of to a great start. Great chilli Lyle. I'm looking for the Tums right now 😉. Pam we forgot our welcome bag, please don't raffle it off. Bunny really needed to leave she was getting uncomfortable being left along.

Look forward to seeing everyone bright and early. We're being kicked out at 6 am so we'll be over knocking on doors about 6:30

RDsStudio59

Michelle and I want to thank Pam and Lyle for a great time had at the Indiana Chapter Rally. Food was great and the hospitality was even better.
See you all down the road. Have a safe, fun winter.

Safe Travels,

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.