New Big Country

Boscowtx

we finally picked up our Big Country 2016 Big Country 3560rl, so far only camped in it two nights, no problems except the latches for the laundry room closet door broke. Contacted Heartland they are sending new ones. Next month will add some air bags to my Chevy High Country, to level the truck out some.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 147

Garypowell

Looks nice! Truck does not look too unlevel. Just out of curiosity what size truck is it and what is your pin weight?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! We have had our BC since January, and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new BC. I'm sure they're the same but our latches broke on our BH. Picked up replacements at camping world. They come with 2 sizes which both fit the latch. The longer one is stronger. Our door was drilled to fit the smaller ones. They broke again so I'm going to fit the longer, stronger ones t the door now.
again, congrats on your new rig and check out the HOC. Best part of owning a HL rig. Hope to meet you down the road.

Boscowtx

Truck is a 3/4 Chevy High Country w/d max, my pin weight is 2440,it rows real well. the real reason for airbags is to raise the front and f the RV up some, currently the front jacks.are 11 inches high when raised

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We loved our 2012 BC 3650 which we lived in for almost 2 years full time. She was our second Big Country, the first being a 2008 BC 3250 that we had for 5 years. Our current Landmark is similar in floor plan but we sure miss the butler shelf. Enjoy and safe travels.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh that reminds me ours broke also. I went with one stronger one in the center of the door (about where the handle is) and it works perfectly. Added foam bumpers to top and bottom corners of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought our Big Country last September and love it except that the a/c's don't move enough cold air into the living area. I saw your thread about the same problem and am going to try some of the ideas posted. Hopefully, they will help since its at Port Aransas for the summer.

Boscowtx

We will be in port aransas next weekend for a week, the way we keep our BC cool is to keep the mcd shades down, that keeps it much cooler during day time. Since then we have upgraded to a 2016 F350 dually, like night and day when towing.

lynndiwagoner

Good move upgrading the truck. I pulled mine several thousand miles with a 3/4 ton chevy, but I had added 19.5" wheels and tires and airlift to level it out. I can guarantee you that, on mine, the pin weight is more than 2400 lbs.....more like 3400 lbs. The dually is much more suited to this rig.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Boscowtx and tripleoakstx we have a rally planned for Oct. 6-8th at Pioneer Beach on Port Aransas. See the events tab for more information.

Boscowtx

We will be at Gulf waters Rv resort start a week from Saturday, we're are you staying? As far as the Ralley at Pioneer, am working that weekend! The Chevy 3/4 ton did the job, but in the one ton feel a lot more comfortable, also got a great deal on a new 2016 back in Nov.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 18