Landmark Furniture Poll

Sofa w/ hide-a-bed or comfortable sofa (no bed) w/ cup holders/USB ports on sofa & recliners?

• We'd choose the hide-a-bed sofa

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • We'd choose a sofa and recliners that have more features, like cup holders and USB ports

Votes: 57 76.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

Andy Wesdorp, the GM for the Landmark brand has asked me to place a poll out there to get feedback on furniture as it relates to having a hide-a-bed or not having one.

On a personal note, Nancy and I rarely have overnight guests, but once, we needed to sleep on the hide-a-bed ourselves. Ouch! We ended up putting the mattress on the floor and sleeping there - much better! At that time, we decided we'd carry a blow-up queen bed to use on the floor if ever needed again. This is just our preference and I know that others have more of a need for a hide-a-bed with frequent overnight guests. With that, below is the poll question.

If you are presently a Landmark owner or are in the market for one - this poll is for you.

Question (long form)
Would you prefer to have a hide-a-bed in your Landmark or would you rather have a really comfortable sofa (no bed) and on that sofa and on the recliners, have cup holders and USB ports?

Answer 1
We'd choose the hide-a-bed sofa

Answer 2
We'd choose a sofa and recliners that have more feature, like cup holders and USB ports

This poll will stay open for 14 days. Voters will not be made public.

Thanks for your feedback!

dlw930

Answer 2. This past June, we replaced the original hide-a-bed with a comfortable sofa with no bed. Carry a queen air mattress to put on floor when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Additional features are nice, but having a good, comfortable, durable piece of furniture is more important.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also are like the Belettis and carry a blow up mattress. Nobody likes the fold out sleeper/mattress that has been used it in our camper. Very uncomfortable.

Cholo

# 2

Don't have mine yet but, have years experience with a sofa bed and would have ordered mine without one if I could.

farside291

But with a sofa bed with a good quality air bed mattress. Nice to have a place to sleep off the floor. As I get older I am finding it hard to get off the air bed when its on the floor.

Bob.jr

Andy Wesdorp, the GM for the Landmark brand has asked me to place a poll out there to get feedback on furniture as it relates to having a hide-a-bed or not having one.

On a personal note, Nancy and I rarely have overnight guests, but once, we needed to sleep on the hide-a-bed ourselves. Ouch! We ended up putting the mattress on the floor and sleeping there - much better! At that time, we decided we'd carry a blow-up queen bed to use on the floor if ever needed again. This is just our preference and I know that others have more of a need for a hide-a-bed with frequent overnight guests. With that, below is the poll question.

If you are presently a Landmark owner or are in the market for one - this poll is for you.

Question (long form)
Would you prefer to have a hide-a-bed in your Landmark or would you rather have a really comfortable sofa (no bed) and on that sofa and on the recliners, have cup holders and USB ports?

Answer 1
We'd choose the hide-a-bed sofa

Answer 2
We'd choose a sofa and recliners that have more feature, like cup holders and USB ports

This poll will stay open for 14 days. Voters will not be made public.

Thanks for your feedback!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

#2 by a huge margin.

The hide-a-bed in our Key West isn't very comfortable at all but, surprisingly, the sofa is comfortable. The foot area of the bed is higher than the head area (assuming the head area is the cushion backrest from the sofa) and we have found no way to adjust it. We seldom have overnight guests and those that do either sleep on the sofa or stretch out in one of the recliners.

So, again, we're voting for Option #2.

Andy, if LM decides to go with option #2, please let us know when that replacement sofa will be available. We'd love to buy one and replace our hide-a-bed. And hopefully we can get the Owner's Group discount. :)

Bob.jr

I just ordered, from rooms to go, the Eric Church collection, sofa and loveseat. It's a perfect fit. Both are power recliners. I expect delivery on or around 11/20/2016 this is going into our 2016 Landmark Charleston.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rvmckee

Don't have a Landmark yet, but when we do get ours, having very comfortable recliners and sofa is a must. A lot of people take their rv furniture out and replace them with more comfortable pieces. That would save a lot of money. We spend most of our time in the living room, so comfy is very important.
For us, it wouldn't matter whether it had the cup holders or the USB ports.

voting for option #2

Last edited:

kkamshop

Comfort and durable should be the hallmark for furniture in the Landmark - and I don't care one little bit about "features" like cup holders and USB ports!
Give us quality for a change!!!

We replaced all of the furniture in our 2016 Newport. The recliners were every uncomfortable and the sofa bed was a joke.

Mike Lane
2016 Newport
2015 F350 dually

carl.swoyer

My bride and I of 35 years replaced the low quality bonded leather with residential genuine leather furniture. We also put in a Queen size mattress that we store under the MBR King size. The quality of the residential furniture is light years ahead of the stock furniture. With a volume purchase by Heartland they could install real leather furniture and the quality and comfort would reduce warranty claims. I would re suggest they drop production by 1 unit per week and increase quality. Thus reducing the expensive warranty claim process. So my answer I vote option 2.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Although we're not in the market for a new Landmark, I voted for #2. And I agree that Andy should be looking at Lambright or another high quality furniture for new units.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had our son sleep on our Flair Air hide a bed a couple of times and really believes it is better than most hide a beds with mattresses. Is this still an option for Andy or is it no longer being made? We would prefer to keep the hide a bed. But I guess you could just use a air mattress on the floor, but then you have to store it somewhere and added weight.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Comfort and durable should be the hallmark for furniture in the Landmark - and I don't care one little bit about "features" like cup holders and USB ports!
Give us quality for a change!!!

Sums it up for me too, comfort and durability without the frills, I'll go for #2

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was thinking about getting a non-leather sofa for our BC since we have cats with nails :-/. Looked at Sleepers in Seattle, they are $$$$, but nice looking custom options for sleeper sofas/loveseats in sizes that might fit a variety of coaches.

My vote would be non-leather, good quality, sleeper sofa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk