Purchasing 427 recommendations

Garvadon

Good evening all. My wife and I, 2 kids, and dog are looking to purchase a rw427 in the next few months to most likely full time. We just had a few questions for the best way to go about this to get the best rig at the cheapest price. Specifically, appreciate any thoughts on the following:

- how to best negotiate down online or remotely and thoughts on options. We are in Northern Ca so closest dealer is 6 hours away. So if we have to do it over the phone or email any ways, we are considering Other options. I.e there is another dealer 12 hours away in SoCal that is closer to family. So if the rig has to get worked on, easier to stay at family - but longer drive. Camping world also has one in stock they can ship to our local location, but at a higher price. And I've heard their service isn't very good. But one reason we like them is I move for work every few years, so at least camping world has service centers nationwide. Lakeshore Rv in Michigan and Mhsrv in Texas also seems to have the best prices around - but that's a hike. And then not sure how service would work. So I guess pros cons on buying locally at higher prices with service vs better deals further away (particularly on 2016 models).

- I've read average msrp discount one should expect is 25-35% for an Rv. But not sure how accurate that is for a rw.

- Timing. We should have enough $ for a down payment in Jan after our house sells. However, I've heard the best deals are in end of December due to end of year closeouts. Thoughts on how accurate that is. We could stretch a down payment earlier, but much easier in Jan.

- buying from the factory and/or ordering custom through dealer. We don't need it until spring, so the pressure now is just for the best deal. But we'd also be happy to order one from a local dealer brand new to get it to our liking. And that way it's still purchased in the off-season at a good price. In theory. I've heard it's actually cheaper for the dealer this way because they have no overhead. But they will often charge you more. Not sure if anyone has experience with this.

- for full-time, does that void any of the warranties on the RW?

- for full-time, thoughts on residential fridge? We will be semi-stationary. So hooked up most of he time, with frequent weekend trips. We'd like to periodically boondock - so the gas rv fridge is supposedly better for that and easier. But residential fridge would be easier most days. So is it that painful to boondock with the residential fridge and how long is realistic? I also love my AC, which complicates it more.

I know thats a lot, so appreciate any advice, thoughts, or recommendations in advance.

Thanks again,

Jeff

BLR

Welcome Garvadon

We happen to go to a dealership just to look... mistake. LOL...We had decided on a Cyclone 4018 in Blue.. Although we had never seen one in person, we searched the west coast and everyone of the dealerships or wholesalers that said they had one in stock, really meant to say they could order one.. So we went to our local dealer got a price.. Then
We did alot of shopping around at the big wholesalers, got a price of what we ordered including delivery to Oregon.

When it was all said and done, our local dealer almost matched the price of the wholesalers..

We opted for the residential fridge even though we will be dry camping 75% of the time.. and we just spent 2.5 weeks dry camping with no problem

When we bought ours we were told fulltime was fine as long as you had a separate garage.

We did a special order with some upgrades that we had seen in other units.

For what it's worth..
And we ended up having a great relation with the dealership

Kristy

We did a special order with some upgrades that we had seen in other units.

Hi. What do you mean you ordered some upgrades from other units? Do you mean previous year's models, or any other models that Heartland makes? We want to order a new 427RW, but if I see a stove in a Big Country I like better, could I ask for that? Thanks for your help.

Bones

Good evening all. My wife and I, 2 kids, and dog are looking to purchase a rw427 in the next few months to most likely full time. We just had a few questions for the best way to go about this to get the best rig at the cheapest price. Specifically, appreciate any thoughts on the following:

- how to best negotiate down online or remotely and thoughts on options. We are in Northern Ca so closest dealer is 6 hours away. So if we have to do it over the phone or email any ways, we are considering Other options. I.e there is another dealer 12 hours away in SoCal that is closer to family. So if the rig has to get worked on, easier to stay at family - but longer drive. Camping world also has one in stock they can ship to our local location, but at a higher price. And I've heard their service isn't very good. But one reason we like them is I move for work every few years, so at least camping world has service centers nationwide. Lakeshore Rv in Michigan and Mhsrv in Texas also seems to have the best prices around - but that's a hike. And then not sure how service would work. So I guess pros cons on buying locally at higher prices with service vs better deals further away (particularly on 2016 models).

- I've read average msrp discount one should expect is 25-35% for an Rv. But not sure how accurate that is for a rw.

- Timing. We should have enough $ for a down payment in Jan after our house sells. However, I've heard the best deals are in end of December due to end of year closeouts. Thoughts on how accurate that is. We could stretch a down payment earlier, but much easier in Jan.

- buying from the factory and/or ordering custom through dealer. We don't need it until spring, so the pressure now is just for the best deal. But we'd also be happy to order one from a local dealer brand new to get it to our liking. And that way it's still purchased in the off-season at a good price. In theory. I've heard it's actually cheaper for the dealer this way because they have no overhead. But they will often charge you more. Not sure if anyone has experience with this.

- for full-time, does that void any of the warranties on the RW?

- for full-time, thoughts on residential fridge? We will be semi-stationary. So hooked up most of he time, with frequent weekend trips. We'd like to periodically boondock - so the gas rv fridge is supposedly better for that and easier. But residential fridge would be easier most days. So is it that painful to boondock with the residential fridge and how long is realistic? I also love my AC, which complicates it more.

I know thats a lot, so appreciate any advice, thoughts, or recommendations in advance.

Thanks again,

Jeff
To get you started on price look at RV Outlets. They seem to have really good pricing. I think the address is rv007

esscobra

dealers want to sell the units they have first - often with multi location dealerships they have purchase order for many of the same unit and want to move them - find a dealer that will work with you- it doesn't cost them more to order a unit- warranty is performed by any heartland authorized dealer or service center- so search for local or closer rv service places and stop by and check them out- see if they are authorized for heartland warranty work- going to a smaller dealer 2.5 hrs away saved me 30k on fully optioned unit- local mega dealer kept trying to sell me ones in stock- and quoted full list on options- and they were upset when I bought elsewhere even after I told them im not paying retail for unit

BLR

Hi. What do you mean you ordered some upgrades from other units? Do you mean previous year's models, or any other models that Heartland makes? We want to order a new 427RW, but if I see a stove in a Big Country I like better, could I ask for that? Thanks for your help.
We went with upgrades in other Cyclone units. Nothing major, cam locks for all 3 tables we got cam locks installed for both tables in the garage but they installed the old style with hole in DR, but they did provide the cam locks to us for DR.
Also added 2 recliner chairs from another model and they forgot to put them in the b trailer so it took about 2 months when they got another trailer delivery be for we got the 2 recliners.
Customize it your self..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk