Mounting TV in Trail Runner SLE 25

I am trying to figure out where to put the TV bracket. The Natural place seems to be on the wall seperating the dining booth from the bunks, but the wall does not seem to have any supports in it. Any ideas?

danemayer

Hi Shane-N-Texas,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure some of them will respond with some suggestions.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am trying to figure out where to put the TV bracket.

The Natural place seems to be on the wall seperating the dining booth from the bunks, but the wall does not seem to have any supports in it.

Any ideas?

Either there or on the wall just to the right of the sofa.

Are there any stickers on the wall that says "Backing Plate"?

If so . . . that would be the spot.

There are not any stickers marking a backing plate which I was hoping for. I may have found a solution using a a tv mount that bolts vertically. I can put it at the edge of the the wall where thier is a stud, but will still fold up and keep the tv out of the way.

eddylives

I placed a nice 6 inch wide board stained to match the wood interior of our trailer across the wall dividing the living and bedroom at the right height
It looks factory and holds the TV without any issues.
I put 6 shorter screws into the wall studs to fasten it.....very narrow wall lol

JohnD

Question: Where is the wall plate with the antenna connection in your Trail Runner?

I bought two of these swivel TV mounting brackets at Camping World:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/master-mount-locking-cantilever-mount-small/51564

There is a larger one for TV's bigger than 30".

I like these because they lock the TV to the wall while traveling instead of some of the others that have straps to hold the TV in place.

Have had them for four years and in two trailers and I love them!

TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg Campout2012-PC260022.jpg ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

I also moved the same TV's from our previous Trail Runner to our Prowler . . . a bigger TV coming soon for that last shot!

Last edited:
The antenna hook up is actually in a cabinet, that does not have a door, above the dinette next to the wall deviding the bunks from the main living area.

- - - Updated - - -

I placed a nice 6 inch wide board stained to match the wood interior of our trailer across the wall dividing the living and bedroom at the right height
It looks factory and holds the TV without any issues.
I put 6 shorter screws into the wall studs to fasten it.....very narrow wall lol

Thanks for the idea. I have to get my wive to go along with it. She is paranoid about putting holes in our new trailer.

JohnD

The antenna hook up is actually in a cabinet, that does not have a door, above the dinette next to the wall deviding the bunks from the main living area.

Then most likely there is a backing plate in that wall near that antenna connection.

The backing plates are not always marked.

You might try putting your thumbs together and press around on that wall and you'll find it.