Bedroom AC sensor?

TxCowboy

On the Landmarks with the front bedroom, where is the AC temperature sensor? A friend with a Key West is asking... :D

TxCowboy

So the BR's temp sensor is in the thermostat. Unlike the sensors in the living room/kitchen, right? Those two sensors are located inside air returns?

danemayer

I'm not aware of any temperature sensors in air returns. I've not seen anything other than the thermostats measuring ambient temperature at each thermostat.

The air conditioners may have freeze sensors at the coils on the roof.

TxCowboy

OK, Dan, I'll pass the word to my friend. Was told during my PDI that the sensors were inside one of the air returns for each system.

Lou_and_Bette

OK, Dan, I'll pass the word to my friend. Was told during my PDI that the sensors were inside one of the air returns for each system.

Jeff, I believe there is some sort of sensor in the returns because one of the solutions to an A/C that is not cooling down is to seal the divider between the outflow and the intake to prevent a mixing of the "cold" and warm air thus confusing the A/C's "brain." Also, as Dan mentioned, there is a freeze sensor that is some times located in the cooling fins on the inside. Now, having said this, my actual A/C knowledge is limited.