• Number of sites held: 25
  • Register by end of day 4/7/2017
  • Site fee: $$36.90 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Friday:
  • Continental Breakfast 7-9am
  • Toyota factory tour 9:30am
  • Italian dinner 6pm (Spaghetti, Lasagna and salad courtesy of Fazoli's) Bring the beverage of your choice
  • Saturday:
  • Potluck- 6pm
  • Sunday:

------------------------------

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Please contact the Campground directly (NOT through the website) for reservations. Be sure to mention you are with Heartland Owners Club.

Activities in close proximity to the campground include:

Keeneland Spring Meet https://www.keeneland.com/racing If you haven't seen Thoroughbred horse racing in person it's well worth the time. Some of us plan on going on Thursday leaving the campground between 10:30 and 11am. All are welcome to join us!

Kentucky Bourbon Trail http://kybourbontrail.com/ Tours of distilleries (including sampling if you care to imbibe). This is very interesting even if you're not a bourbon drinker.

Toyota Georgetown Plant Tour http://toyotaky.com/tour.asp This one hour tour will show you how Toyota builds 2000 cars each day.
Reservations made for 30 people to tour Friday morning at 9:30.

HEARTLAND GIVES BACK
We have chosen the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass to be the recipient of Heartland Gives Back at our rally. They have listed in their "BIG DREAM ITEMS" of need a dorm size refrigerator. Leslie and I would like to challenge HOC members to fulfill their dream and we are starting the fund with $25. For a list of other everyday items they need please refer to the list available on post #44 of this thread.

An event schedule for the rally will be posted as plans are confirmed.

ATTENDEES:

1. Neale and Leslie Behm (NWilson)
2. Paula and Clay Forsythe (ForsythTribe6)
3. Melinda and John Cull (JJC)
4. Mike and Anna (Shortest Straw)
5. Craig and Tina Burton (WCBurton)
6. Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock (davebennington)
7. Nick and Darlene Hanck (hankster)
8. Keith and Kim (Kbvols)
9. Sniper and Sweet P (Sniper)
10. Clay and Candy Hudson (clayhud)
11. Ed and Kathe Anhalt (eka217)
12. John and Donna Blyth (bluesteel)
13. Martha and Henry Scott (marthamscott)
14 Gerry and Debbie Atkinson (TGLBWH)

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Great place to have a rally. The campground has a huge covered staged area for assembly and there is so much to due in the area. If you want to go to the Toyota plant for a tour, book early. They fill up quickly. And the Bourbon Trail is alot of fun. Unfortunately we have a conflict and won't be able to come :(.

MCTalley

Besides going to a race at Keeneland, some other items to do include:

Visit Old Friends to feed carrots to the retired thoroughbreds.

IMG_2911-L.jpg

Not officially a Bourbon Trail stop, but Buffalo Trace distillery in Frankfort is a great trip to make.

IMG_4120-L.jpg

Another interesting side trip is to head over to Keeneland at oh-dark-thirty and watch them warm up the horses. You pretty much have the run of the place and can rub elbows with various owners and trainers. Fun photography trip, as well. The dogwoods and redbuds are usually both in full bloom mid- to late-April. They also have guided tours a couple days a week.

IMG_0650-1771324955-O-L.jpg

IMG_0623-1771324939-O-L.jpg

The Kentucky Horse Park is pretty close, as well. Makes a fun day excursion.

IMG_4907-L.jpg

Last edited:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Thanks for the GREAT promo, Malcolm!
We've already started praying for good weather.

NWILSON

Mike and Anna we are so looking forward to meeting you and having you join us in April!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We have a reservation and are in site 178 arriving on the 15th. We couldn't get a spot with the group on account we are staying a month.

NWILSON

It's difficult to make plans for some things (like touring the Toyota factory) without having a good estimation of the number attending. But group activities like the Bourbon Trail and Keeneland will kind of organize themselves if someone posts that they would like to do it.
That said, I will be setting up a tour of the Georgetown Toyota factory for (Apr 21) Friday and ask anyone wishing to go to just let me know.

I'm not a golfer but I know there are a number of courses in close proximity so if anyone wants to set up an outing that will be great too.

We'll provide the meat for a pot luck on Saturday evening and also host a continental breakfast on Sunday morning.

I'm expecting to add to this list as we get a bit closer and welcome any suggestions!

NWILSON

And a quick update:
Reservations have been made for 30 people to tour the Toyota factory on Friday 4/21 at 9:30am.
It's just a few minute drive from the campground and there is no charge for the tour. The tour is given by tram so anyone concerned about walking it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's some additional information: TOYOTA

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
And a quick update:
Reservations have been made for 30 people to tour the Toyota factory on Friday 4/21 at 9:30am.
It's just a few minute drive from the campground and there is no charge for the tour. The tour is given by tram so anyone concerned about walking it shouldn't be a problem.

If you're starting a list, Melinda and I would like join the Toyota tour please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

And a quick update:

Darn it! We can't make this rally but I LOVE factory tours of any kind. This one ought to be a good one. Your rally's really shaping up nice - have fun!

WCBurton

Hi Planning on attending your rally - will make reservations later today look forward to meeting everyone - thanks Craig and Tena Burton

NWILSON

Hi Planning on attending your rally - will make reservations later today look forward to meeting everyone - thanks Craig and Tena Burton
We're excited that your travels will bring you to our rally! Looking forward to meeting you as well

Status
Not open for further replies.