Question on Slide Operation

RVFun4Us

We are comtemplating the purchase of a 3055 Big Horn and have concerns on the operation of the slides. We currently have a two-slide fifth wheel which has separate slide controls. This allows us to start and stop each individual slide when necessary. This is especially important where we park our RV on the side of the house. We cannot fully extend the living room slide due to space limitations. We can however stop it short of full extension so we can pack before departure. On the Big Horn, we understand that there is a single slide control for all three slides and that they slide out one after another when using the single control. Our concern here is whether we can stop a slide prior to full extension but still have the other slides move out. This is only an issue while parked at home and usually only when we pack for our next trip. I know there are individual controls outside the rig to lock out a slide if necessary but we really don't want to do that, only to partially open one of the slides. Is there an easier way to do this or are we missing something here? If everything works out, we hope to purchase the 2008 3055 Big Horn this next week. It is currently on special for $******. So we would appreciate any input here. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have the same model and the same problem when at home. I just turn the manuel slide switches to off at the pump control and turn them on one at a time for the desired length of opening , then turn back off . There is a switch at the pump to run the slides ,works well for me.....Kenny

Chuck Richard

I agree with Ken on shutting down the slides and this will work for you. The other thing is you say the living room slide but not sure if you mean the entertainment center or the large slide with the dinette and couch. If it is the big slide it is always last to move. The bedrom slides first and then the entertainment center and last the large slide, it goes by weight. If the big slide is your concern you will have no problem because the first two will be out and you can stop whenever you want with the big slide. I am lucky I miss my house gutter by three inches so can put mine out.