Winterizing---maybe

Devildog1

Hi Guys,

We are winterizing for the first time and need a little advice from the more experienced RVers. We will be gone for a month and are thinking of winterizing while we are away in December but what should we do special to live in during the winter? I read the list of how to winterize and about putting the antifreeze in the p-traps. I assume that when we get back in January we de-winterize and put in the anti-freeze. We will be in the NC area so it won't be below 0 but it will be below freezing.

Thank you in advance!

A and D

danemayer

Hi Devildog1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you'll be away for a month, you should definitely winterize. We've got a Winterization Guide that may be helpful.

If when you return you'll be living in the rig, you'll want to de-winterize and flush out the antifreeze. Depending on how cold it gets, you may want to do some extra things. Our Water Systems Winter Usage Guide covers it all.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Devildog. I see you are in Shreveport, I am down in SWLA. I didn't think it got that cold up in Yankee country lol. Seriously though do you see many times below freezing and if so I wouldn't think it would be for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk