2016 Ford F 350

Boscowtx

Santa came early this year, think this will pull my Big Country 3650rl. First Ford in 16 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 135

IronJ

Santa has good taste....!!

Enjoy!!...its pretty hard NOT to!! Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

rpotter

I have the same truck but a 2015 platinum SRW and have hauled my Bighorn 2015 3570 to Arizona from london Ontario Canada and Halifax fax Nova Scotia (also from London ) and the truck is running like a top. 100% happy. No issues or recalls. Never been back to the dealer. Approximately 20k miles on it now. Been using rotella 5w40 synthetic and change it after each major long distance haul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim-Lynn

Santa was so nice to you. I have the same - 2015 Platinum DRW and just turned 30,000 miles on it. Runs like a top and loves pulling the 4200. I did install rear air bags and run about 40lbs in them when pulling the trailer and 20lbs not pulling.

Happy Trails

Jim

rpotter

I have the same truck but a 2015 platinum SRW and have hauled my Bighorn 2015 3570 to Arizona from london Ontario Canada and Halifax fax Nova Scotia (also from London ) and the truck is running like a top. 100% happy. No issues or recalls. Never been back to the dealer. Approximately 20k miles on it now. Been using rotella 5w40 synthetic and change it after each major long distance haul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I failed to mention, I also have airbags installed to level out the ride and take a little load off the springs. 35lbs when hooked levels the truck nicely.

IronJ

And the bags make for a smoother ride while towing heavy...ive run from 40psi to 70psi condition depending....nice!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Boscowtx

How many miles should I have on the truck before the first tow? We have a trip planned for next month to Tucson, should have about 600 miles on it.

Jim-Lynn

How many miles should I have on the truck before the first tow? We have a trip planned for next month to Tucson, should have about 600 miles on it.

I had 1000 miles on mine when I hauled the 4200 from Ontario to the Nascar race in Talledega Alabama - no problems. The only suggestion my Ford dealer said was not to push the speed.

Jim

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I've always been told that 1000 miles is a good 'break-in' period, although when I bought my 2015 Chevy I was told at minimum 500 miles before pulling a long haul with the trailer.

Sniper

I would check the owners manual. I would think it has break in procedure in there if, these new one's even still come with an owners manual. :)

danemayer

If I recall correctly, the RAM manual has break-in instructions in the main user guide, the diesel user guide, and a different set of instructions in the towing section.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
500 breakin miles. Then, from the suggestions of knowledgeable friends, dumped the oil after 1000 miles of towing.

avvidclif

Just follow the instructions in the owners manual. Ford built it, Ford wants it to last, and Ford wrote the manual for it. Simple to me.