ATF: Landmark - New 35ft Landmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wmnmy

Hello factory we are really liking the new landmark 35ft Louisville was wondering when you are gonna put pictures of it as we really like the 4 slides and it look like two of them are slides within slides ...

Wmnmy

Yes we wanted the landmark but I have limited parking close to my home and and we do a lot of state parks the big ones won't fit ....lol

AWesdorp

Hi everyone and happy Monday! I threw out my back cleaning our daughter's yogurt off the kitchen floor this morning so it's been an interesting one so far for me...but hey, at least I can still type and send emails!

Regarding the "Louisville" floor plan---looks pretty cool eh? It will be fantastic--here are my ideas on it:

When they increased the square footage maximums to 430sqft on RVs a few years ago, we all went longer and longer to get amazing floor plans. For instance, the Madison, Charleston, Newport and Oshkosh are all 427 square feet+.

In my 13 years of selling high-end fivers, I've never seen a dynamite, unreal-selling, record breaking short luxury fiver. The Carriage Cameo 33CKQ (34') in 2005 was about as close as I've seen to a hot selling "shorty". So, as we've developed the slide-in-slide bedrooms successfully, we also (in a Road Warrior toy hauler) introduced the industry's first main level slide in slide last winter. So, as I sit with my graph paper and the engineers, we decided to shrink up a coach but attempt to max out the square footage for those RVers desiring a shorter coach but not wanting to sacrifice size. Basically, how can we create shorter length + slide outs = same amount of size as a 43' 430 square foot coach?

We have some very great, however very preliminary drawings done at this point. I am very encouraged and if we can pull it off, I think it'll be what us RV industry hacks call a "game changer" in the way short units are viewed and sold.

Let me also quickly say---much R&D will go into this floor plan. I'm sure some folks on the forum will be concerned about "all those slides". Me too. We won't build it if we don't believe it'll work and function properly.

All said, I love the chatter this floor plan has created but I'm sorry for the delay in R&D. I'll do my best to keep everyone posted as it develops this winter and feel free to contact me with questions at any time. Direct email is usually better for me than the forum private posts: andy.wesdorp@heartlandrvs.com. Thanks everyone and travel safe,
Andy

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This is great news regarding a shorter landmark. We would like to someday get out of our 2009 Augusta and really like the idea of a shorter unit although we have focused on Bighorn because of price but ya never know. Looking forward to seeing some ideas on this 35 footer. Hopefully get to see one in person come June for the national rally.

jlsr

We have some very great, however very preliminary drawings done at this point. I am very encouraged and if we can pull it off, I think it'll be what us RV industry hacks call a "game changer" in the way short units are viewed and sold.

Let me also quickly say---much R&D will go into this floor plan. I'm sure some folks on the forum will be concerned about "all those slides". Me too. We won't build it if we don't believe it'll work and function properly.

I think the 'shorty' would be a game changer too! We're quite interested in this model and looking forward to see plans and more details. Thank you for posting your update.

pegmikef

Finally! Just what we have been waiting for. We like the Landmark, but I refuse to take a tree out to accommodate one, but 35 feet is perfect. That is just a hair longer than our BH 3010RE.

jlsr

We are also hopeful the Louisville plan happens. We will be putting our SOB 5th Wheel for sale after the Holidays and attending some RV shows in first part of the year. Hopefully there will be some new Landmarks at the Fort Worth RV show in January. Would like to see the revised interiors, colors, etc.

Anxiously awaiting new 'News'!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are also hopeful the Louisville plan happens. We will be putting our SOB 5th Wheel for sale after the Holidays and attending some RV shows in first part of the year. Hopefully there will be some new Landmarks at the Fort Worth RV show in January. Would like to see the revised interiors, colors, etc.

Anxiously awaiting new 'News'!

The Ft. Worth show usually only has ExploreUSA present as the sole Heartland Dealer. They may have one or two brand new plans of all the Heartlands they carry, and lots of older ones. Many times, Andy Westhorp, the Landmark brand manager, is there for one or two days. Reps from the area ExploreUSAs will be there, so when you talk to a salesman, he may not be from Ft.Worth, and you'll have to travel to his dealership to make the sale/take delivery. (Ft.Worth, Denton, Mesquite, maybe Canton).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan & Sally Sullivan

We will be looking for new Heartland next fall. We loved the BH 3160 elite, but want a king bed! So we will be watching what you come up with. There is really a lot of us so out there that just don't want bigger than 35'-37' for various reasons.
Sally & Dan Sullivan

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Andy - great news but I do have a concern. A lot of commercial campgrounds have limited width sites, one campground we have been in is only 25' wide sites. This puts a person in a predicament in choosing a camper with the slide in slide, or a single slides camper and having their awning/s out. With this new configuration, this could possibly put the slide in slide into the front yard of the camper behind ya. I know if I was the person in the other site, I would be upset having another camper slides a little more in my face so to speak. Another example is buddy site (2 campers with their doors facing each other). Sometimes these buddy sites are so tight that the off side slides almost touch each other, barely giving a person enough room to get to the power post/water supply. Having a shorter luxury camper is a much needed thing but having 6 slides and having the awnings might be too much. We have our awnings out most of the time, especially in the summer, to keep the sun off the windows which helps in keeping the camper cooler. Just a thought which I hope the engineers will look at.

sengli

I was told that the EL (elite) designation is given to a coach because its is equipped with one slide is that super sized slide that came from the cyclone TH line. That super slide has large windows and is 7 feet tall. That slide also cause the coach to have the straight roof line because of its size.

jlsr

Thank you very much for the info on the Ft. Worth show. We will most likely go on Saturday of the show and will be sure to visit ExploreUSA's exhibit.
Merry Christmas!

The Ft. Worth show usually only has ExploreUSA present as the sole Heartland Dealer. They may have one or two brand new plans of all the Heartlands they carry, and lots of older ones. Many times, Andy Westhorp, the Landmark brand manager, is there for one or two days. Reps from the area ExploreUSAs will be there, so when you talk to a salesman, he may not be from Ft.Worth, and you'll have to travel to his dealership to make the sale/take delivery. (Ft.Worth, Denton, Mesquite, maybe Canton).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlsr

Dear Heartland,
We have been wondering about the Louisville model lately as Landmark is still at the top of our wish list. Are there any updates on this model?

We have our 'some other brand' for sale but are considering taking it off the market since we plan to do some camping this summer.

A quick look at the heartland website still shows just a silhouette for their Louisville. Just thought I'd check.

Status
Not open for further replies.