Bunk in toy hauler compartment won't lower

Warrstang331

North Carolina Chapter Leaders
Just raised the bunk and remembered that I wanted to install the new ladder for the bunk so I decided to lower the bunk again and nothing happened. There is 12vdc to the motor but nothing happens. It's a 2017 cyclone 4113. What could possibly be the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Maybe a problem with the switch, or a wire that's come off.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think the bunks might have limit switches that open the circuit. If so, the switch might be out of position.

Warrstang331

Maybe a problem with the switch, or a wire that's come off.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think the bunks might have limit switches that open the circuit. If so, the switch might be out of position.

Checked the switch for continuity and it works and the connections on the motor is connected. Where is the limit switch located or is there a way to lower the bunks manually

LBR

Our new CY did the same thing and it was a bad connection in the motor area...jiggled, tweaked, yanked the connectors and has work fine since.

Not sure which is the culprit, but think it is a main motor connector that is spliced to the switch box that has the data cable from switch to it....GL, mine was a cheap fix...lol

Warrstang331

Just got the bed lowered had to crank on the opposite end of the bed from the motor

Warrstang331

THANK YOU problem solved lowered it manually hit the switch and it started to work

Just raised the bunk and remembered that I wanted to install the new ladder for the bunk so I decided to lower the bunk again and nothing happened. There is 12vdc to the motor but nothing happens. It's a 2017 cyclone 4113. What could possibly be the problem

Just bought a brand new 2018 Torque T32. Also having bed lift issues. Bed lift won't operate with consecutive movements. For example, If I lower the lower bunk all the way down then try to raise it up for whatever reason I have to wait for approx 5 minutes before the system will allow me to raise the bunk. It's seems as if the motor can not be operated for no longer than approx 30 secs and needs some time to "cool" down or something. Have you found solution to your bed problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jaygabiola and welcome to this great forum.
It sounds like you may be tripping an auto reset breaker. I suggest that you look for a bank of small breakers which should be located near your battery. They will have some red covers on them.
Have someone, or you, listen for a click as the bunk is being raised. That will be a telltale sign that the breaker is tripping. It should click again when it resets.
The breaker could be weak or you could be binding somewhere in the bunk system.

Peace
Dave

Warrstang331

Just bought a brand new 2018 Torque T32. Also having bed lift issues. Bed lift won't operate with consecutive movements. For example, If I lower the lower bunk all the way down then try to raise it up for whatever reason I have to wait for approx 5 minutes before the system will allow me to raise the bunk. It's seems as if the motor can not be operated for no longer than approx 30 secs and needs some time to "cool" down or something. Have you found solution to your bed problem?

My problem was the limiter switch with the bed rail system. There was a wire in there against the switch on mine. Sounds like you track maybe off a bit and causing the bed to bind up and causing the motor to work hard trying to lower. Check to ensure tracks are properly aligned or there is nothing in the track causing the chain to bind