Retractable tonneau cover

Boscowtx

This is my first long bed pick up, what's the best retractable tonneau cover to use with a fifth wheel hitch. Have used retrax in the past for short bed trucks, and may be some thing better. Will be used on a 2016 F-350, dually, Platinum.

rhodies1

This is my first long bed pick up, what's the best retractable tonneau cover to use with a fifth wheel hitch. Have used retrax in the past for short bed trucks, and may be some thing better. Will be used on a 2016 F-350, dually, Platinum.

I have a roll up cover by Aces,it is the 1 inch raised version,works well and looks good,
you will get all kinds of feedback but it comes down to you personel choice and what you fell is easiest for you to use.

Mrsfish

We've had 2 different ones on 2 different trucks. Our favorite was the pace Edwards remote controlled electronic tonneau. Problem with it was the 10"box across the back of the bed to house it. But we loved it. We now use the BakFlap- a hard folding cover. Been very pleased and just put it on our new truck

Garypowell

I've had 2 made by Truxedo" and they were excellent. They were the roll up kind that have bars every so often so they don't sag. The bars roll up with the cover. Does not add much height. Easy to install yourself.

Had some stitching come loose about 6 years into ownership of the first one.....they shipped me a new one without question...can't beat that!

ldprice47

Put a retrax pro on my F-350 with 8 foot box. My truck has the 5th wheel prep and I have a B&W hitch that fits the pucks in the truck. Cover go over the B&W no problem. What I like about the cover is that you can lock it open in any position unlike most where it is only every 12 inches. I also like that the cover is on sealed bears and it easy to open and close.

Nuclearcowboy

Put a retrax pro on my F-350 with 8 foot box. My truck has the 5th wheel prep and I have a B&W hitch that fits the pucks in the truck. Cover go over the B&W no problem. What I like about the cover is that you can lock it open in any position unlike most where it is only every 12 inches. I also like that the cover is on sealed bears and it easy to open and close.
Ditto - have a ReTrax and wouldn't trade it for any other.

JWONA

I am searching for a retractable cover but I am worried about contact with the king pin box. I live on a culdesac and have to turn sharp to get the trailer turned around. Have you had any issues with turning sharp? Thanks for the info.

porthole

Retired
I have a Truckcovers roller with the toolbox.
We live at the end of a culdesac and can turn around as tight as a F-350 long bed can turn, which is about a 786' circle, don't even come close.
But making half that turn and then backing uphill into the driveway I have to be careful of the pin box and side rails for the cover.

JWONA

I have a Truckcovers roller with the toolbox.
We live at the end of a culdesac and can turn around as tight as a F-350 long bed can turn, which is about a 786' circle, don't even come close.
But making half that turn and then backing uphill into the driveway I have to be careful of the pin box and side rails for the cover.

thanks for the help.

Jim-Lynn

I have a hard cover, got it from Ford. The 5th wheel fits with the cover locked up. Once I am unhooked, I have plenty of secure storage space.

Happy Trails

Jim

macjj

I have a fold up cover from American Covers - 4 section. The rear folds up the last 3 sections, leaving ample room for the hitch, and lowers over the hitch when not hooked up. The front section is a single panel. I installed an auxiliary fuel tank, withe a tool box on top (custom made), which hides the tank and my tools. I have a standard bed, but with a slider hitch (and the 88 deg turn radius), have never had an issue with culd-d- sac turns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro