Splitter in livingroom??

gdawgs24

I have a 2017 bighorn 3970rd. Last week we camped for the 1st time somewhere that had cable TV. When I programmed both the living room and bedroom TV's the living room TV had a fuzzy picture. The bedroom TV was fine. So then made sure the coax was tight and rescanned and nothing. So I traced the coax from TV to the cabinet to the right of fireplace. It has a coax coming out of wall plate going into splitter then one goes into TV and as best I can tell the other goes into radio. So I unplugged the coax that's coming off of TV and going into splitter and ran it straight into wall plate and TV worked perfect. Does anyone know why they have a splitter there? I am almost positive that its going to radio but not sure why unless its for antenna. Where I went wrong is I cant remember if I tried using radio after I disconnect splitter. Heartland has sent me a diagram for the coax but its just a generic diagram for all 3 of the 5th wheel brands. I have emailed the back to see if I can get a more specific set of prints.

danemayer

You've confused me. Satellite? Scanning? Coax from TV to wall plate but no mention of a satellite receiver.

Are you talking about cable TV or satellite?

SNOKING

Heartland setup the Stereo radio to "try" to use the coax feed from the roof antenna as a radio antenna. Does not work well. I also bypassed this splitter and stripped back a 31" of coax to just the center conductor and barreled it the radio coax lead. Radio now picks up stations and TV works.

Chris

danemayer

The splitter probably feeds both the TV and the optional outside entertainment center. If taking the splitter and short piece of coax out of the loop resolved the problem, there's probably a defective piece of coax or a shorted connector in one of the pieces you removed.

Here's a picture from a Landmark 365 which I believe uses a similar arrangement.

Attachments

• Ent Center Connections to TV.jpg
    Ent Center Connections to TV.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 92