12 Volt

MallardHead

Hello all,

We brought our new M32 home yesterday.....It was a 2017 demo that was sold as used but still under all full factory warranties.... Apparently they did not check it out to make sure the lights and all components that work on 12 Volt only before doing our walk-thru and only had it plugged up to shore power. When I brought it home and got it in the storage location, we hooked it up to shore power, all lights, slides...everything worked. We closed her up, put the slides in and unhooked the shore power for the night....Today I went out to check something out and went to turn the lights on since on battery and nothing.... the monitor does not light up to show a battery level, no lights work... The slides still go out and my tongue jack still work so the battery has juice.... Any ideas...

mlpeloquin

Have you check all the 12V fuses? I don't own a Mallard so I do not know if you have a manual reset breaker for some of the 12V DC circuits. I hope someone with a Mallard or other Heartland trailer can chime in. A manual reset breaker would look like this: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Manual-Reset-Circuit-Breaker/738260.uts?productVariantId=1191209&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=00006830&rid=20&gclid=COTZ1umoz9ACFY9bfgodAf8Erg&gclsrc=aw.ds

The small black button is the manual reset.

danemayer

Re: ATF: Mallard - 12 Volt issue

Hi MallardHead,

There's a 12V DC Mini-Circuit Breaker in between the battery and the Power Converter/Fuse Box. When it trips, no power from the battery gets to the interior of the trailer. Also, no power from the Power Converter gets to the battery to keep it charged.

Near the battery there are several of these mini circuit breakers, connected by a copper buss bar, and usually covered by a red rubber boot. One breaker has a teeny-tiny reset button. It's hard to see, but you can feel it with your finger.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 43

MallardHead

Could also be a battery shut off switch. Check near the battery for a large red switch.
I thought the same thing but the electric jack that is hooked to the battery still works and so do the slides so don't think I am equipped with a battery shut off or if I am don't think the battery is dead or off...

danemayer

Here's a picture from our Landmark, with the rubber boot off. Your arrangement of breakers will be different, but the key is to find the thick wires. One breaker will have a thick wire coming from the battery and a thick wire on the other side of the breaker going to the fuse box. Your Mallard probably doesn't have a hydraulic pump, so you would probably only have one thick wire on the output side of the breakers.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 72

MallardHead

Here's a picture from our Landmark, with the rubber boot off. Your arrangement of breakers will be different, but the key is to find the thick wires. One breaker will have a thick wire coming from the battery and a thick wire on the other side of the breaker going to the fuse box. Your Mallard probably doesn't have a hydraulic pump, so you would probably only have one thick wire on the output side of the breakers.
That was it... .Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Have you check all the 12V fuses? I don't own a Mallard so I do not know if you have a manual reset breaker for some of the 12V DC circuits. I hope someone with a Mallard or other Heartland trailer can chime in. A manual reset breaker would look like this: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Manual-Reset-Circuit-Breaker/738260.uts?productVariantId=1191209&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=00006830&rid=20&gclid=COTZ1umoz9ACFY9bfgodAf8Erg&gclsrc=aw.ds

The small black button is the manual reset.
That was it...

tlassen

Glad you were able to resolve your problem. We also have a new Mallard M231 and in reading the manufacturer's info there is a 15 amp mini fuse which blows if reverse polarity is detected. I like to have spare fuses but could not find the one listed. It looks like a standard 140a mini fuse so I bought those. I havnot ad to ryone ye so cant verify.