Bighorn Traveler

NewHopians

Just purchased a 2017 Big Horn Traveler 37SS, Has any body had experience with the Traveler 5th wheel

jimtoo

Re: Big Horn Traveler

Hi NewHopians,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

The Traveler is a brand new line from Bighorn, so haven't had too many here in the chats yet.

MP_CS

Congratulations on the new traveler. Thats a new line from heartland but would expect its just as nice a quality as the rest of their brands. I know its going to get seroius consideration from us when its our time to upgrade.

dkelly243

Just purchased a 2017 Big Horn Traveler 37SS, Has any body had experience with the Traveler 5th wheel

Just purchased the same exact model. I wanted the BH3875FB model but it was out of my price range. This seems like a lot of coach for the money. Hope you enjoy yours.

NewHopians

Thanks We pick it up tomorrow and can't wait to get it own the road dkelly243 what do you pull yours with. Any issues so far?

NewHopians

Okay, I will picking it up in Tucson and towing with a F250 6.7 diesel crew cab long bed. Congrats on the new rig.

Congrats,

Looking at the same unit. Please keep us updated on your experience once you get to use it.

Have a great day!

NewHopians

Finally got the Big Horn out on a trip. Went from Sierra Vista AZ to Williams and then to Page AZ. Pulled great with my 2015 F250 6.7 Diesel Long Bed with Super Springs 3000lb over stock springs. No issues getting there but, when we got to Page AZ the A/C and Heater would not work and showed a E1 error code. Google is great found to be a loose connection where the thermostat wasn't communicating with the mother board in roof top unit. Opened up vent cover over sink and found a wire had come loose from one of the wire nuts. Re-secured the wire but realized that we had to unplug the communications and power to the unit to reset the thermostat. Found that you can't leave much on the couch or chairs as they bounce off during travel. Had something get caught at the dining slide and had to stop and pick stuff off the floor before opening the slides all the way. Had the dining slide right facia panel with the lights in it come loose so, ave to take it in to La Mesa. The bathroom sink faucet also makes a really load squeaking noise when only the hot water is turned on. But, no major issues noted. Coming back into Flagstaff AZ ran into snow and then going down Highway 17 to Phoenix ran into snow and icy roads. The 37SS stayed good on road and tracked good behind the truck. A little bounce in the wind but wasn't worried about it. How are you doing with your 37SS.

dkelly243

Finally got the Big Horn out on a trip. Went from Sierra Vista AZ to Williams and then to Page AZ. Pulled great with my 2015 F250 6.7 Diesel Long Bed with Super Springs 3000lb over stock springs. No issues getting there but, when we got to Page AZ the A/C and Heater would not work and showed a E1 error code. Google is great found to be a loose connection where the thermostat wasn't communicating with the mother board in roof top unit. Opened up vent cover over sink and found a wire had come loose from one of the wire nuts. Re-secured the wire but realized that we had to unplug the communications and power to the unit to reset the thermostat. Found that you can't leave much on the couch or chairs as they bounce off during travel. Had something get caught at the dining slide and had to stop and pick stuff off the floor before opening the slides all the way. Had the dining slide right facia panel with the lights in it come loose so, ave to take it in to La Mesa. The bathroom sink faucet also makes a really load squeaking noise when only the hot water is turned on. But, no major issues noted. Coming back into Flagstaff AZ ran into snow and then going down Highway 17 to Phoenix ran into snow and icy roads. The 37SS stayed good on road and tracked good behind the truck. A little bounce in the wind but wasn't worried about it. How are you doing with your 37SS.

Wife and I have been on 3 trips so far. Total of 10 days of camping and about 1800 miles. So far the only problem we've had (knock on wood) is the leveling system. Had to get the breaker replaced, it would shut of a few times when auto leveling or retracting. We love the layout and the quality seems ok. Going to Fort Wilderness the end of April for 4 days.

NewHopians

Duane sounds like a great time. Our next big trip is to West Yellowtone , Montana for about 10 days with our kids in July. 359 days to retirement and then hope to get it on the road more. Keep on RVing.

Ducky

Took our BHTR32RS out this past weekend to Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood, AZ. Pulled up the hill out of Black Canyon City like a champ. No major issues for this maiden voyage other than the light in the closet would not come on, one clip off came off on shower doors (but didn't have any broken glass fortunately) and light in refrigerator has a mind of its own. Once camp was set up we had 30-35 mph winds and rain but it stood the test, no leaks found. Very happy with our investment.

Glad to hear all the positive input. We are going to be ordering a 32RS next week.
Has anyone considered changing out the factory tires? Being new at this and al the reading I have done I have some tire concerns.
Have a great day,
Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Has anyone considered changing out the factory tires? Being new at this and al the reading I have done I have some tire concerns.
Don
I would wait to see what brand tires your new rig will come with. If it has the Sailun brand tires they are good.

Peace
Dave

WBG

WBGavin

I would wait to see what brand tires your new rig will come with. If it has the Sailun brand tires they are good.

Peace
Dave

I too have heard that Sailun tires are very good. We had Blow Max (aka Tire max) tires and changed them out (after two very scary blowouts) for Goodyear G-614, which are excellent! I have found that Sailun's are not readily available in the PNW (unless you want to go to Canada to get them).

LBR

I too have heard that Sailun tires are very good. We had Blow Max (aka Tire max) tires and changed them out (after two very scary blowouts) for Goodyear G-614, which are excellent! I have found that Sailun's are not readily available in the PNW (unless you want to go to Canada to get them).
Browse thru www.simpletire.com website for Sailun tires

mlpeloquin

Had a friend's Big Country have a blowout with the Tow Max. I warned him and he would not listen. He was able to fine the Sailun on the road at a tire dealer in the North Bay area. The Sailun tires look good. I have the GoodYear G614's which are great.

Re: 2017 Big Horn Traveler 37ss

Just purchased this 5th wheel in May and we are smitten. We did a lot of research on the inner and outer components of several 5th wheels before buying this unit. We love the hydraulic slides and self leveling system. The cabinetry is first class with polished outer doors and hidden hinges. For those who travel distances from home, having the double 4 drawer chest makes packing a breeze. The closet has lots of space and the closet with the washer/dryer hookups works for additional hanging items such as coats, etc., is handy. We use it to storel aundry hamp. This camper has tons of storage, central vac system, deep under carraige storage and more. The look is sleek and attractive with the framless windows and tasteful graphics. I cannot say enough good things about it but will be looking for post on this camper in case someone is having issues with theirs that would be beneficial to me.