ATF: Landmark - Theater Seating Manufacturer

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We have a 2015 LM Savannah which has the dark brown theater seating with motion. One of the seatback cushions has an area approximately 50 square inches where the Leather? is deteriorating (appears to be flaking apart). I can post a picture of the damaged area. Our question is "Who manufactured this furniture?"

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ouch - Hogan really. Your coach came off the assembly floor a couple of weeks before our's did. So far we haven't had any problems with the quality of the theater seating but now we'll keep a closer eye for any deterioration of the material. Let us know the outcome from Lippert.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had to recliners do that. I think it is due to the oils on our body parts.

mslater

i have a 2014 mine only lasted about a year , and my sofa that is hardly used is doing it now . i replaced the theater seats with good ones

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Ouch - Hogan really. Your coach came off the assembly floor a couple of weeks before our's did. So far we haven't had any problems with the quality of the theater seating but now we'll keep a closer eye for any deterioration of the material. Let us know the outcome from Lippert.
Heartland customer servicerespondedthatthemanufacturerwasPraxis which is a division of Patrick Industries. We will contact them to see what can be done. This has happened on Donna's side; not mine. I told her it might be something she was using on her hair; but of course she said she disagreed.

So far couch shows nothing but of course it rarely gets sat on. We do keep shades drawn to keep harsh sunlight off.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the person that sits there wear a baseball hat?

Seems like something is rubbing pretty hard on that material. Hard to believe a head/hair could do that. Wow!
No hat on milady. This deterioration is on the seat back where my wife sits. It may be just a coincidence that it has occurred there.

BillGott

We have removed the seats from our 2015 Charleston. P O C to put it nicely. The arm rests started falling away from the seat cushion and the only thing stopping them from falling completely over is the slide out wall. The arm rest is only connected to the seat with 2 bolts from 2- 1/8 inch by 1.5 inch metal strips. Not a very sturdy attachment. In addition the seat support is a few pieces of S shaped wire that allows your butt to sink deeper into the space between the wood until it hurts. I replace with 2 powered individual recliners. Much nicer.