Decided to MOD out my North Trail 33BKSS

Tk421

So I bought the 33BKSS because I wanted to buy a TT and I truly fell in love with the floorplan. It matched my family needs and in true JLB (my name) style ... I decided to make it reflect me. It's still at the shop but I will start the list and follow up with some pictures and more MODS.
Here is the MOD list:

1) Ordered and had installed in the rear bunkhouse the same couch that came standard in the living area.
2) Ordered a Mona Lisa painting for the wall facing the kitchen. Makes it fancy.
3) Lifted the TT 4 inches for offroad adventures

What's next? Long list.

jimtoo

Re: Decided to MOD out my 33BKSS

Hi Tk41,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

You will find lots of info about mods here that others have made. Be sure and keep a photo record and post your mods.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Tk421

So I bought the 33BKSS because I wanted to buy a TT and I truly fell in love with the floorplan. It matched my family needs and in true JLB (my name) style ... I decided to make it reflect me. It's still at the shop but I will start the list and follow up with some pictures and more MODS.
Here is the MOD list:

1) Ordered and had installed in the rear bunkhouse the same couch that came standard in the living area.
2) Ordered a Mona Lisa painting for the wall facing the kitchen. Makes it fancy.
3) Lifted the TT 4 inches for offroad adventures
4) Almost ashamed to say this but I added 4 TV's. The bedroom does not share a TV with the family room. I hate the swivel. Bunkhouse and the outdoor kitchen area. Directv can only play 2 of them at once.
5) I changed the countertops to white.

Need to download the photos. Hopefully people will like em.

Tk421

Just getting used to this blog....

Adding more Mods:

4) New kitchen countertops. It's a pretty dark TT so I removed the dark whatever color countertops and added white.
5) New subway tile sticky back splash. Add even more light.

Pictures on the next post. Would love the forums opinions and suggestions.

danemayer

Hi Tk421,

I've moved your thread to the North Trail Modifications area and edited the Title.

You should be able to add pictures after another post or two.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
While you are customizing your toy, I would suggest replacing all of the incandescent bulbs with LEDs.

RAL6

Just getting used to this blog....

Adding more Mods:

4) New kitchen countertops. It's a pretty dark TT so I removed the dark whatever color countertops and added white.
5) New subway tile sticky back splash. Add even more light.

Pictures on the next post. Would love the forums opinions and suggestions.

Would love to see your pictures as we too have a 33bkss!
Ann

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Welcome to the Heartland Family!

You will love your new North Trail!

We have a great Colorado Heartland Owner's Club chapter and have several fun campouts and rallies each year.

Think about joining the HOC and come have a blast with us!

Tk421

Welcome to the Heartland Family!

You will love your new North Trail!

We have a great Colorado Heartland Owner's Club chapter and have several fun campouts and rallies each year.

Think about joining the HOC and come have a blast with us!

Thanks! Almost springtime! Send me the info! Busy winter with lots of biz travel. Would love to join the Colorado Club! Please send me the info and would love to attend a gathering. Haven't done a thing to my TT other than dream about the next trip. I guess the only thing I need help on from this forum is how do you not have your furnace run out of juice in the middle of the night without running a generator.

Thank you again for the invite!

John

Tk421

Here you go ... before and after of the old couch vs. the new couch in the bunkhouse.

IMG_3153.jpgIMG_3142.JPG

Here is a list of the mods:

Additional couch in bunkhouse
30 lb. propane tanks
Vmaxtanks battery with new battery box
300 Watt portable folding solar panels
4 tvs
Direct tv
Stainless steel microwave
Stainless steel vent hood
Stainless steel refrigerator panels
Stainless steel range
New white counter tops to brighten up the kitchen (waiting for install)
Stick on back splash
Honda EU2000 with Propane upgrade.

I guess some aren't mods but rather things I just added.

Thoughts on mods or additions? I need to add more pictures for sure.

J

Attachments

• IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 68

klp605

Thank you for sharing the pictures. Would love to see the kitchen with new counters.

Is there enough room for the couch to open into a bed in the bunkhouse?

What size TV did you install in the outdoor kitchen?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tk421

Yes, the couch opens up perfectly with 2 inches to spare. The couch came at a hefty price directly from Heartland for around $1200.00. The other issue is you must reconfigure the door to open outward. It's a pretty simple task that takes around 15-30 minutes. If you plan on inviting another couple or wanting to give your kids there own own space, it's worth the investment. I know the couple that bought my previous 33BKSS said that their kids love to fall asleep in front of the TV with the couch folded open.

As for the TV, it's the standard TV that came with the coach. That being said, I have a 32 inch TV ready for install. I will need a new TV mount for that project. I wish I could add a larger TV but the fridge is too big. If you push the Fridge over even farther I believe a 37" may fit. The Outdoor fridge runs on AC power so unless you are running a generator or are plugged in, it's pretty much useless. I thought about pulling it out but and adding a giant TV but for the moment, the fridge stays.

John

Thank you for sharing the pictures. Would love to see the kitchen with new counters.

Is there enough room for the couch to open into a bed in the bunkhouse?

What size TV did you install in the outdoor kitchen?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

It always comes down to cost but why wouldn't Heartland offer the couch in the bunkhouse as an option?

QUOTE=Tk421;540580]Yes, the couch opens up perfectly with 2 inches to spare. The couch came at a hefty price directly from Heartland for around $1200.00. The other issue is you must reconfigure the door to open outward. It's a pretty simple task that takes around 15-30 minutes. If you plan on inviting another couple or wanting to give your kids there own own space, it's worth the investment. I know the couple that bought my previous 33BKSS said that their kids love to fall asleep in front of the TV with the couch folded open.

As for the TV, it's the standard TV that came with the coach. That being said, I have a 32 inch TV ready for install. I will need a new TV mount for that project. I wish I could add a larger TV but the fridge is too big. If you push the Fridge over even farther I believe a 37" may fit. The Outdoor fridge runs on AC power so unless you are running a generator or are plugged in, it's pretty much useless. I thought about pulling it out but and adding a giant TV but for the moment, the fridge stays.

John[/QUOTE]

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Nice addition to the bunkhouse. We did the same.....

2llfy8x.jpg

PeterS

Is this couch the same fold-out style as in the front?
Ours is NOT level when made into a bed. Does this one level out evenly across all three sections (picture?)
Txs