My second post ...

Hello again - I have no idea where these posts are supposed to show up, but I'm posting in the "Bighorn" Forum - General Discussions. I assume I come back here after the webmaster has okayed my existence? Thank you for your time.

John and Betty

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Forum! Glad you're jumping in! Questions? Ask away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
welcome.jpg As cookie said, do check out the Heartland Owners Club and all the fun we have at the rallies. Great way to meet other HOC members.

Thank you all for the welcome! I have a couple of questions regarding some warranty (I hope) issues. In the 2016 Bighorn, model 3270, there are two recliners with matching fold-out couch. One of the recliners has a big "clunk, clunk" sound when extending it; our dealer said a new chair was to be installed, but it'd be a different fabric or something due to that color no longer being used ... What? The RV is less than 1 year old and they no longer have a matching color or fabric (which is faux leather)? Hard to believe. Also, all the screws have pulled out of the storage/battery area in the very front lower section where the batteries are ... should I just Loctite or goober the screws back in, or have it also done under warranty? I do have a tub of miscellaneous stuff like cleaning supplies in there and the tools for dumping the gray and black tanks, but no big tool box. Suppose the screws just backed out due to "normal" usage? Kinda surprised these things have a tendency to fall apart after one summer of use; all the trim molding has come off. Anyway, all has been covered under warranty so far, but kinda apprehensive about after the warranty period ...

Happy Trails -

John

WBG

WBGavin
Thank you all for the welcome! I have a couple of questions regarding some warranty (I hope) issues. In the 2016 Bighorn, model 3270, there are two recliners with matching fold-out couch. One of the recliners has a big "clunk, clunk" sound when extending it; our dealer said a new chair was to be installed, but it'd be a different fabric or something due to that color no longer being used ... What? The RV is less than 1 year old and they no longer have a matching color or fabric (which is faux leather)? Hard to believe. Also, all the screws have pulled out of the storage/battery area in the very front lower section where the batteries are ... should I just Loctite or goober the screws back in, or have it also done under warranty? I do have a tub of miscellaneous stuff like cleaning supplies in there and the tools for dumping the gray and black tanks, but no big tool box. Suppose the screws just backed out due to "normal" usage? Kinda surprised these things have a tendency to fall apart after one summer of use; all the trim molding has come off. Anyway, all has been covered under warranty so far, but kinda apprehensive about after the warranty period ...

Happy Trails -

John

In my experience it is much better and far less frustrating to do the simple stuff yourself. That way, the job will be done right and will take far less time and effort to accomplish.

As to the chair, matching fabrics is always problematic, not matter where you buy them.

wdk450

I know your rig is fairly new, but you might want to buy a matching set of recliner covers. You can find them on Amazon or elsewhere on the internet.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Happy Trails -

John

I think if you are still under warranty I would call heartland yourself and give them your Vin # And see if they can find your match. I don't see why they wouldn't still have matching 2016 furniture. If they don't they should have to replace everything to match.

As for small warranty items. You can have your dealer do them but you'll find after doing that a few times you'll wish you would have just done it yourself.
Of course that all depends on what the repair is, how good your dealer is, and how close to home they are.

You will find answers to all of your questions here on the forum and a whole bunch of very smart and experienced people right here to help you.

If your new to the Forum you should check out my "Project LM 365" thread under Landmark modifications
Here's a link to the Index https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...t-LM-365-Index?p=484400&viewfull=1#post484400

LET THE MODS BEGIN
Good luck
Jerrod

I think if you are still under warranty I would call heartland yourself and give them your Vin # And see if they can find your match. I don't see why they wouldn't still have matching 2016 furniture. If they don't they should have to replace everything to match.

As for small warranty items. You can have your dealer do them but you'll find after doing that a few times you'll wish you would have just done it yourself.
Of course that all depends on what the repair is, how good your dealer is, and how close to home they are.

You will find answers to all of your questions here on the forum and a whole bunch of very smart and experienced people right here to help you.

If your new to the Forum you should check out my "Project LM 365" thread under Landmark modifications
Here's a link to the Index https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...t-LM-365-Index?p=484400&viewfull=1#post484400

LET THE MODS BEGIN
Good luck
Jerrod

Hi - Latest we heard is they're gonna replace the defective recliner plus the matching couch. Hope so.
John

mlpeloquin

LET THE MODS BEGIN
Good luck
Jerrod

One warning about the "Project LM 365" thread under Landmark modifications, it will keep you busy, have you spend money, and it is fun to do modifications.