Introducing new RVLock moderator

MikeR

Yes Mike, that's were the "brains" of the RV Lock are. Drilling out the rivets is pretty easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true for the locks with the code entry. The slam shut cabinet locks I'm installing are just the key operated locks. I will probably just drill out the rivets and use the RV Lock backing plate.

Thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's true for the locks with the code entry. The slam shut cabinet locks I'm installing are just the key operated locks. I will probably just drill out the rivets and use the RV Lock backing plate.

Thanks

Oh! My bad. Please post some pics when you get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busted2341

Not sure if this is the place but I'll start with I love the RV Lock and have had one for 2 yers now. I emailed RV Lock and asked a question, however RV Lock can't seem to reply. Anyone now of another email for RV Lock other than the one on their website?

CoveredWagon

What's all the fuss about keyless entries. Are the factory locks all that bad or are folks just losing their keys? Orrrrrrrrrr is this just keeping up with the Jones? I'm already spending enough on the new Rv and new truck and all the other stuff the dealer forgot to mention we might want/need. I asked the first dealer what else we might need. He said oh a fresh water hose and a sewer hose. Yeah right, now a few thousand dollars later I wonder why I need a new door lock. 😏

danemayer

What's all the fuss about keyless entries. Are the factory locks all that bad or are folks just losing their keys? Orrrrrrrrrr is this just keeping up with the Jones? I'm already spending enough on the new Rv and new truck and all the other stuff the dealer forgot to mention we might want/need. I asked the first dealer what else we might need. He said oh a fresh water hose and a sewer hose. Yeah right, now a few thousand dollars later I wonder why I need a new door lock. 😏
There was a day when to lock or unlock my car, I pulled the key out of my pocket and put it into the lock. Then one day I got a car that had a fob so I could unlock by pressing a button. They gave me a key (as backup), but I never used the key. The button was better.

The RV Lock is the same idea. Once you can keep the key in your pocket and use a fob or keypad, you never use the key. You keep it as backup.

Cars and trucks have moved on to RFID technology. I don't even have to press the button on the fob anymore. I carry it in my pocket. The door senses the fob is close by and when I touch the door handle, it unlocks. I don't use the fob or the key.

And one of these days I expect RV Lock will have a new version that uses RFID technology so I don't even need to press a button to unlock the RV.

It's a small convenience. But once you have it, you don't want to give it up. Of course everyone has a budget, and whatever it might be, it's good to live within the budget.

CoveredWagon

There was a day when to lock or unlock my car, I pulled the key out of my pocket and put it into the lock. Then one day I got a car that had a fob so I could unlock by pressing a button. They gave me a key (as backup), but I never used the key. The button was better.

The RV Lock is the same idea. Once you can keep the key in your pocket and use a fob or keypad, you never use the key. You keep it as backup.

Cars and trucks have moved on to RFID technology. I don't even have to press the button on the fob anymore. I carry it in my pocket. The door senses the fob is close by and when I touch the door handle, it unlocks. I don't use the fob or the key.

And one of these days I expect RV Lock will have a new version that uses RFID technology so I don't even need to press a button to unlock the RV.

It's a small convenience. But once you have it, you don't want to give it up. Of course everyone has a budget, and whatever it might be, it's good to live within the budget.

Thanks Dan. I was hoping it was something like. 😉

Budget hahaha that was blown thousand of dollars ago. Thank goodness for credit cards lol 😂

Dave

RVLockSupport

Not sure if this is the place but I'll start with I love the RV Lock and have had one for 2 yers now. I emailed RV Lock and asked a question, however RV Lock can't seem to reply. Anyone now of another email for RV Lock other than the one on their website?

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced emailing us. If you want to message me here I'd be happy to help you out!

Bones

Do you have a version of the RV lock available that fits the toy haulers that have a full window?

LBR

Do you have a version of the RV lock available that fits the toy haulers that have a full window?
They dont have a 100% bolt-on lock assembly, but the newer Version 4.0 "Compact" is narrower and will fit fine with a bit of modification. I installed one on both CY full windowed doors without too much fuss.....they fit and seal fine, so it is a doable project for most any DIY'er.

Bones

They dont have a 100% bolt-on lock assembly, but the newer Version 4.0 "Compact" is narrower and will fit fine with a bit of modification. I installed one on both CY full windowed doors without too much fuss.....they fit and seal fine, so it is a doable project for most any DIY'er.

Thanks for the info

porthole

Retired
Chris W. didn't even wait to get home from Goshen 2015 to modify the lock for the newer Cyclone doors.

RV Lock
Hacksaw
Black silicone
Black paint
< one hour

Done

LBR

Chris W. didn't even wait to get home from Goshen 2015 to modify the lock for the newer Cyclone doors.

RV Lock
Hacksaw
Black silicone
Black paint
< one hour

Done
I remember seeing a picture of that one with the end of the lock nipped off.....install looked great!

This new V4.0 Compact is about 1" narrower than the original style, but still interfered with the window frame. In my case, I modified the window frame inside and outside to get lock fitting flush....didn't have to do anything to the lock.

If RV lock does have another new version coming out, it will need to be narrower yet.

RVLockSupport

I remember seeing a picture of that one with the end of the lock nipped off.....install looked great!

This new V4.0 Compact is about 1" narrower than the original style, but still interfered with the window frame. In my case, I modified the window frame inside and outside to get lock fitting flush....didn't have to do anything to the lock.

If RV lock does have another new version coming out, it will need to be narrower yet.

Thank you for the feedback. I will forward on the information about the handle still not fitting with the window. Do you have pictures of your modification and measurements about how much narrower the handle needs to be still to fit your type of door? I will be happy to pass it along to our development team. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have a compact version of the V4 available. It isn't live on the website at this time but if you're interested please message me with your information and we can invoice you for one. Thanks!

Bones

Thank you for the feedback. I will forward on the information about the handle still not fitting with the window. Do you have pictures of your modification and measurements about how much narrower the handle needs to be still to fit your type of door? I will be happy to pass it along to our development team. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We have a compact version of the V4 available. It isn't live on the website at this time but if you're interested please message me with your information and we can invoice you for one. Thanks!

Thanks for getting back. the wife and I have gone in a different direction so we would be able to re use our current locks that we already have.

LBR

I do have a few pictures that may help the process....will post later.

LBR

First 2 pictures are the V 4.0 lock for reference to window frame.

Last 3 pics are the V 4.0 Compact for same reference.

more to follow...
acf0ad2f3a66773e729bbc6f58260e33.jpg
9bd073c50f536019e895db7b6c415aed.jpg
3afb73463c625a58bc32d11d89fc9685.jpg
29ba2b79f20c4c5af2128ea401dc0e8f.jpg
4cad7aebe4c1c489df6dc91277fdc386.jpg

LBR

First pic is lock Compact lock resting in place.

Next 2 pics are Compacts mounted.
cf6302fba3ba43cf1b1c575a0deefe62.jpg
3ad8afa6ff0b4b823c68e1032c5d0c07.jpg
fd4262750305112ecea12e9b28b1f2f4.jpg