ATF: Big Country - Water Pressure

Bob Vaughn

What is the plumbing water pressure rated at......I know some rv's are higher than others and I also know different parks have higher pressure than others. What pressure can I safely run in my 2011 Big Country....

gasman

Camp Socializer
As I recall it is either 80 or 100 lbs. It may say in one of the Heartland User Guides under the Tools tab. The preset regulators are listed between 45-55 lbs. I have my adjustable regulator set at 55 lbs.

danemayer

No need to guess. You can read about plumbing in your trailer manual. Heartland says max is 60 psi. 40-50 is a good regulator setting.

Water Pressure Regulator Warning.jpg

danemayer

The RVIA rv standard prescribes testing the water system at 80 to 100 psi.

A test probably lasts for 60 seconds and is intended to identify leaks. Running at high pressure over a period of time could cause leaks.

mlpeloquin

What is the plumbing water pressure rated at......I know some rv's are higher than others and I also know different parks have higher pressure than others. What pressure can I safely run in my 2011 Big Country....

45psi and do not flush your black water tank unless it too has a pressure regulator. There are at least two PEX connections on the way to the tank. Don't ask me why I know this, but Shark Bite fittings makes the repair easy.