ATF: North Trail - Kitchen area lighting not working

This moring we woke to no lights in our kitchen area. The hoodlight and fan, light over the sink outside light and one main light on the roof are not turning on.. this happened one other time but the come right back on in a few mins.. I have checked fuses and they all look fine.. any other ideas I can try

danemayer

Hi Poohbe8703,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Do some interior 12V lights work? Bedroom, bathroom, reading lights? Does the refrigerator work?

If some 12V DC things are working and others are not, and you're positive it's not a fuse, then you probably have an open wire somewhere. The odd part is that you've described a number of lights located in disparate places.

If it's just the lights you've mentioned, you might have to look on the back side of switches and light fixtures for a bad connection.

Btw, sometimes a visual inspection of fuses isn't a reliable check. A Volt/Ohm Meter is a better choice.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Look for a thread titled 30RKDD in this at area and look at the 1st set of drawings. There is one that shows what circuit each string of lights are on corresponding to the fuse on the power center. That might help you.

Look for a thread titled 30RKDD in this at area and look at the 1st set of drawings. There is one that shows what circuit each string of lights are on corresponding to the fuse on the power center. That might help you.

Thank you for this information. But I am not sure how this would help me when the layout is not even close to my layout

Hi Poohbe8703,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Do some interior 12V lights work? Bedroom, bathroom, reading lights? Does the refrigerator work?

If some 12V DC things are working and others are not, and you're positive it's not a fuse, then you probably have an open wire somewhere. The odd part is that you've described a number of lights located in disparate places.

If it's just the lights you've mentioned, you might have to look on the back side of switches and light fixtures for a bad connection.

Btw, sometimes a visual inspection of fuses isn't a reliable check. A Volt/Ohm Meter is a better choice.

Yes the lights in the bedroom area bathroom on the slide out and even the two above the back window are working. And the refrigerator is working.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you for this information. But I am not sure how this would help me when the layout is not even close to my layout

Yes, I am just pointing you in the direction that the lights you are having problems with may in fact be on the same circuit. Like mentioned before, use a multi-meter and look for voltage across the fuse connectors for the DC circuit you are having problems with. If voltage is present, then the fuse failed and you need to replace it. If it fails again, you should investigate the lights that are on that circuit to see if any are shorting out at the light assembly. If there isn't any voltage at at the fuse, then the lead in wire on the backside of the panel may have broken or come loose. I hope you can get it fixed easily and quickly!