Solar Panels on Wilderness

Has anyone installed a solar panel kit on a Wilderness RV? If so how did you run the wires down to the controller? I was thinking of running them down inside the Awning mount or possibly drilling a hole up through the top of the entertainment cabinet. Any comments or advice is appreciated. My wife wants me to install the Solar kit, Batteries, and inverters in the back of our F-350 with shell and then just plug the RV into the truck power source. My big concern with this is every time we go somewhere we have to secure the tilt solar panels, and unplug the RV. Should I go with the RV or truck mod?

danemayer

Hi giantlantz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I expect you'll get some good ideas shortly.

Oregon_Camper

Can't imagine having the solar setup in the truck...

I got mine from Amazon and they rollout and stick to the roof....and you can walk on them. All wiring is routed down vent pipes. You might check your roof for best access down...a lot of folks use the refrigerator vent.

With this setup, we never have to conserve power usage. I will get back to 100% everyday. Summer 2015 I was on my Sabbatical (10 weeks) and we took a 3 week trip (all dry camping) and never had to run the generator with this solar setup.

Solar Panels.jpg