EAA fly In - Oshkosh WI

Donna

Anyone going to the big EAA fly in later this month? We're leaving Monday the 21st. Going to see how we like dry camping for 2 weeks in our new Big Country 3300. We're staying in the EAA's campground. We have two Honda 2000's we're taking with us. Hope we don't need to use them much but if it gets hot we'll use them to run the AC. Hope to find some volunteer work in one of the air conditioned retail shops when we get up there. Hubby likes to be outdoors.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wish we could. Several yeas ago I belonged to EAA and went to Oshkosh about 4 years in a row. Loved the whole thing. One year a military plane broke a landing gear during take off and nearly ran into the crowd where we were sitting. It came to a stop about 100 ft from the safety line. Exciting. We were camping in a class C at the time and had an on board genset. No longer being an EAA member makes it a pricy adventure. Have fun.

rvv

Donna, I wrote a lengthy post last night only to have my browser or the website "dump it." Didn't have the energy to retype it. Camping is the best way to attend Oshkosh. My wife and I have done it for the last ten years. This will be my 23rd year of attendance. If you would like some "free advice" please feel free to contact me at 712-563-2215. rvv

jbeletti

rvv,

Sorry to hear you lost your post. If what you got was an Internal Server Error, next time that happens, hit the back button in your browser and your message will still be there.

I wish I could make EAA but we are camping with the kids in the Wisconsin Dells that weekend.

The real reason I wish I could make it is my buddy is flying a bi-plane in one event there. So it's a big day for him and I wish I could be there to photograph and video tape it for him. It's the same bi-plane he proposed to his girlfriend (now wife) in. They are both commercial pilots.

Later, I'd like to learn more about camping there for this event. In future years, I can always change the Dells weekend so I can make this EAA event in Oshkosh.

Jim

Blessed

Myself and three other guys (two 5th wheels) will be at EAA. We stay at the KOA in Fond du Lac (full hookups). Last year was the first year I went. We had such a good time that we are going again and may make it an annual guy week. We will be at EAA on Weds., Thurs., and Fri.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
rvv,

Sorry to hear you lost your post. If what you got was an Internal Server Error, next time that happens, hit the back button in your browser and your message will still be there.

Jim
Jim, I had an Internal Server Error a couple of days ago. I remembered this post and hit the back button but my message was gone?????