ATF: Bighorn - Theater Chairs

les_wood

We purchased back in Aug. (and to date have yet to take it out on it maiden voyage because there are repair requirements needed). It is Bighorn 3750FL with the front living space. Since Sep we have been working with Heartland and our dealer to have one of the two theater chairs replaced because the mechanical part was not functioning correctly. Well we heard by from or dealer today (12/30/2016) Heartland would not be able to replace the chair because the vendor Heartland used is no longer available. We have been told by our dealer Heartland wants to still replace it but it will not match the existing couches in the RV now. Since we are being forced to accept a substitute should Heartland not replace the couches as well since they will not match the color of the substitute theater chairs? It is disappointing, we purchased what is considered the 2nd best RV on the market and in less than 6 months we have obsolete hardware in this coach.

sengli

I would ask them for a reasonable credit and go to the local furniture store and buy some better quality units to replace the OEM trailer grade furniture.

NYSUPstater

How about asking HL nicely, to cover cost of repair to existing furniture? Assuming a repair place can be found locally.

les_wood

I have no problem asking nicely, however, I need a direct number to the department, which will handle it. I don't want to do the merry-go-around on their phone system.

danemayer

I have no problem asking nicely, however, I need a direct number to the department, which will handle it. I don't want to do the merry-go-around on their phone system.

You need to speak with Customer Service. There may be a rep who handles your area, and based on location, you may get the same person over a period of time. But assignments change and people move on. So there is no "direct number" to a department or person. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Gcjackson

We purchased back in Aug. (and to date have yet to take it out on it maiden voyage because there are repair requirements needed). It is Bighorn 3750FL with the front living space. Since Sep we have been working with Heartland and our dealer to have one of the two theater chairs replaced because the mechanical part was not functioning correctly. Well we heard by from or dealer today (12/30/2016) Heartland would not be able to replace the chair because the vendor Heartland used is no longer available. We have been told by our dealer Heartland wants to still replace it but it will not match the existing couches in the RV now. Since we are being forced to accept a substitute should Heartland not replace the couches as well since they will not match the color of the substitute theater chairs? It is disappointing, we purchased what is considered the 2nd best RV on the market and in less than 6 months we have obsolete hardware in this coach.

We purchased the same 5th wheel in August. 3 days old the motor went out in one of chairs. Am waiting to see how camping works handles this in march we have not been in a place by camping works to get this dealt with

les_wood

We purchased the same 5th wheel in August. 3 days old the motor went out in one of chairs. Am waiting to see how camping works handles this in march we have not been in a place by camping works to get this dealt with
The dealer worked with us and got us two new theaters seats. Also since the new chairs did not match our couches the dealer has worked with the manufacturer to get us matching couches. I wish you have the same success we did. All this was done with approval of Heartland. Our Dealer was Pacific RV in Lompoc Ca.

padre44

We had one chair quit working on a trip in May. Still don't have a replacement in and we will have to take a different color since the ones we had were discontinued. LCI sure is dragging their feet and I'm not impressed. They would be much better off to put manual recliners in the trailers - more complicated means more to go wrong.

Finally got word in September that new chairs were in to dealer, so took it up in mid October. Got word from dealer that there was just a wire not plugged in, so they fixed that and will send new ones back. I had checked that before, but could not find the problem. If I could have taken it to dealer after our last trip, would have saved a lot of time and aggravation, but by then needed a few other things done. Even had them winterize.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For all those that have had issues with their power here is something that I found.
It seems that most problems stem from plugs coming loose.
I had a problem with mine and the first thing I checked was to make sure everybody was plugged in. All good there.
I took my light probe and traced all the wires. I discovered that a couple of the pins in the Molex plugs were pushed back and not making contact. It was a simple job to push the plug pins into position.
That took care of my problem.

So, I suggest that if you have a problem pull the plugs apart and look at the pins. This might save a little aggravation with Lippert, Heartland or your dealer.

Peace
Dave

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Just wanted to say I am so glad things worked out for you. It is disappointing when something brand new is broke, and can't be used. So glad your dealer was able to take care of you. Safe travels and enjoy.:rolleyes:

Terri

rmathews

We have the 2016 Bighorn 3585 and both theater seats needed to be replaced in the first year for not heating.
We are now looking for possibly a Lazyboy replacement as we dislike the powered seats (very uncomfortable)
I hope you have better luck over the life time with these seats.

BusManRG

We have a 2017 Big Horn purchased one year ago in August. In June or July we started noticing some issues and had the mobile tech contact Heartland about changing out the theater seats. They told the tech at that time that the colors had been changed and they offered to replace both the theater seats and the sofa so that we would have matching furniture. In that respect, Hartland was great! Our problem is that the new colors don’t really match the rest of the interior of our unit so we are choosing to just wait at this time. If the seat quits working completely then I’ll think about replacing both pieces with some residential furniture. And FYI, friends just purchased a sofa, recliner, and theater seating from a very reputable store here in the Modesto area. They had the recliner for one week and the motor went out and The theater seating and sofa or from obviously different dye lots. And, there was a hole in the back of one of the cushions!!! So it’s not just RV furniture that has issues.

Sandy

rmathews

Yes - problems can be had with anything. We no longer want powered recliners, no heated seats, and no massage.

SharonH

Has anyone had trouble with the headrests or seat cracking on the theater chairs? We have a 2015 Bighorn 3750 FL, only one of the chairs is doing this.