Selling RV.

squad51

Selling our 2011 Bighorn 3670 RL. What is the best way to receive payment selling on the net ? Going to post on various sites. Thanks for any help and advice.

Don P.

RoadJunkie

What is the best way to receive payment selling on the net ?

Very, very carefully. I have used two banks mediating the transfer of funds and signing the title only after transfer of the money has been confirmed. I don't trust any so-called "certified" types of paper money documents. Cash is good!

alwaysbusy

Sell yourself. Advertise on Craigslist for free while being cognizant of scammers and low-ballers; run same on RVT.com taking advantage of their free trial period. At the end of the free trial, they typically send an email to you offering advertisement till sold for $19.95. Don't pay for one of the packages from the start, that's the key, you can get it cheaper by just waiting.

Certified documents can ALL be counterfeited and should not be trusted unless they are of last resort, cash in hand is the best way as previously mentioned. I believe IA is a notary state. That being said, ensure you draft a Bill of Sale between you and Buyer and have it notarized as well. The Bill of Sale should cover many items including but not limited to an "as is sale," no warranties, guarantees, promises exist outside the agreement; state/county venue for any future civil litigation if filed, cancellation of insurance/registration at time of sale, etc. It really is a simple process and can flow smoothly with a real buyer.

Oregon_Camper

You'll get all types of promises to pay with certified check once you post to Craigslist. Don't get me wrong, I sell stuff on CL all the time, but cash only.

For larger items, if the buyer wants to us a certified check, have them meet at YOUR bank and have the bank certify the check. Other than that, you're only risking getting taken.

Power247

You'll get all types of promises to pay with certified check once you post to Craigslist. Don't get me wrong, I sell stuff on CL all the time, but cash only.

For larger items, if the buyer wants to us a certified check, have them meet at YOUR bank and have the bank certify the check. Other than that, you're only risking getting taken.
Same here. We sold our first camper through CL and did the money deal at my bank. It is the only way I would do it.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Very, very carefully. I have used two banks mediating the transfer of funds and signing the title only after transfer of the money has been confirmed. I don't trust any so-called "certified" types of paper money documents. Cash is good!

Len

Congrats on the new Horn.

donr827

That is the way I did it.
Don

padre44

Escrow.com. I used it when selling a motor home on EBay 3 years ago and it is secure and works fine. Of course they get a commission. EBay recommends them.