EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/13/2017 to 9/17/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We started throwing out the idea of attending the Hershey RV show in September.
http://www.prvca.org/Default.aspx?tabid=59
We are not quite sure if there is going to be a HOC club presence there yet. Maybe if we get enough people to join, we will set up a booth. If we do get enough interest, we'll probably do the booth Friday and Saturday.

We made reservations at Harrisburg East campground.
http://www.hbgeastcampground.com/
Located just off the PA Turnpike. About a 20 minute drive to the RV show location. There are no blocked off sites for the group. This is unofficial, so it is first come first serve. Everything books quickly around the area due to the RV show. So if you'd like to join, my suggestion would be book now.

PA chapter leaders, Lyle and Nancy Mercer (travlin2) are joining in.

Keep me posted using this thread.

FRIDAY
Walkers
Mercers
Mariglianos
Bettons
Summers ??

SATURDAY
Walker
Mercers
Mariglianos
Lustgartens
Klines

SHOW DEALERS, PLOT, BRANDS
Plot
: B1
Brands by Dealer:
Wilkins
- Big Country
- Bighorn
- Bighorn Traveler
- Cyclone
- Elkridge
- Gateway
- Landmark
- Sundance
- Sundance XLT
- Terry Classic
- Torque

Camping World
- Mallard
- Prowler
- Pioneer
- Fuel

Plot Image (PDF):

Attachments

• 2017 Plot B1 B2 31-Aug-2017.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

HOOKERUP

Re: 2017 hershey rv show

That sounds like a possibility. There was no club set up last year,most were in Lake George at this time. Linda and I usually go Wed. to Friday. ( I don't think it was a good idea last year )

JWalker

Welcome the Klines (Bones) to the mayham. Glad they can join us.

JWalker

Was in the area today. Did a quick run from campground to Hershey Show Complex.
14 minutes door to door. Not bad. But it was a Sunday with medium traffic.

Campground is easy to get to. Right off RT283. Only a mile or so from PA Turnpike. Several restaurants and diners near by.

Dennyha

We've stayed at that campground several times while visiting family. Sites are a little tight, but the people that run the campground are very nice. There's a silver car diner very close that has an awesome breakfast. (Have to try the scrabble.)

JWalker

Just wanted to bump this thread. Anybody interested in hanging out at the Hershey RV show, you better contact the campground soon. I would imagine RV sites will fill up fast during the time of the RV show.

OEFVET

We've stayed at that campground several times while visiting family. Sites are a little tight, but the people that run the campground are very nice. There's a silver car diner very close that has an awesome breakfast. (Have to try the scrabble.)

Did someone say SCRABBLE?

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 2017 Hershey RV Show

Dale and I went to the show two years in a row. Once on Saturday and last year on a weekday. I can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday. Parking is horrendous on Saturday and the crowd was twice a large. Unless you get there early, you will be parking in the field across from the Giant Center and walking across Hershey Park Drive. They have crossing guards so it's not a big problem. I would suggest you buy your ticket in advance if you go on Saturday as it will save some time getting through the gate. All of this is not an issue on a weekday. I wasn't very impressed with the vendor exhibits last year either. We will not be camping with you guys but may come over to the campground one evening!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pamela_R

My husband and I retired recently and are still a few months out from buying an RV, which is why we have decided to make the trip to Hershey. I really, really love the Heartlands but I haven't been able to see any Landmarks in our part of the country, or some of the Big Country or Big Horn models I am interested in. We might also consider a luxury toy hauler just so we have the versatility of storage or guest bedroom. But, again, in spite of all the miles I have driven, I haven't been able to see the models I am most interested in. Which is ironic, because they are built a couple of hours from where we live.

Since we don't yet have an RV, we won't be staying in the campground. But, if you plan on getting together, I hope you will allow my husband and I to join in. We would love to learn from your experiences.

Also, while I can find plenty of information about the show, I am having difficulty locating the official website. I would like to order tickets in advance. I have not found the cost, or whether they sell a multi-day pass. I have booked a room for the entire time. Anyone know how much parking and admission costs?

Pam

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

My husband and I retired recently and are still a few months out from buying an RV, which is why we have decided to make the trip to Hershey. I really, really love the Heartlands but I haven't been able to see any Landmarks in our part of the country, or some of the Big Country or Big Horn models I am interested in. We might also consider a luxury toy hauler just so we have the versatility of storage or guest bedroom. But, again, in spite of all the miles I have driven, I haven't been able to see the models I am most interested in. Which is ironic, because they are built a couple of hours from where we live.

Since we don't yet have an RV, we won't be staying in the campground. But, if you plan on getting together, I hope you will allow my husband and I to join in. We would love to learn from your experiences.

Also, while I can find plenty of information about the show, I am having difficulty locating the official website. I would like to order tickets in advance. I have not found the cost, or whether they sell a multi-day pass. I have booked a room for the entire time. Anyone know how much parking and admission costs?

Pam

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the Heartland family.
Here's the website for the show https://www.prvca.org/rv-show/consumer-info
Wilkins RV from NY is the Heartland dealer representing at the show. As the show nears MAYBE information regarding specific models will be available if you contact their Bath location http://www.wilkinsrv.com/
As for joining us, we and other members of the HOC, will be at the Wilkins display coaches Friday and Saturday for sure. We are always willing to share our experiences with anyone who'll listen. Also, earlier in the thread you'll see some of us are staying at the Hsbg East RV park. Numerous motels nearby allowing you to visit any of us at the RV park or join us during "feeding times"...LOL!
We'll see you in Hershey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Pam

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the Heartland family.
Here's the website for the show https://www.prvca.org/rv-show/consumer-info
Wilkins RV from NY is the Heartland dealer representing at the show. As the show nears MAYBE information regarding specific models will be available if you contact their Bath location http://www.wilkinsrv.com/
As for joining us, we and other members of the HOC, will be at the Wilkins display coaches Friday and Saturday for sure. We are always willing to share our experiences with anyone who'll listen. Also, earlier in the thread you'll see some of us are staying at the Hsbg East RV park. Numerous motels nearby allowing you to visit any of us at the RV park or join us during "feeding times"...LOL!
We'll see you in Hershey

Lyle covered it all. Love to see you there.

A few few weeks prior to the show, I can usually get a copy of the models and floorplans that will be there. This is subject to change, depending on what new models Heartland can get to Wilkins in time for the show. I will post the info as soon as I can. I'm guessing it will not be till late August or early September.

Feel free to ask any questions. We will do our best to answer.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
2017 hershey rv show

Doubt it!! In fact I have call and confirm my reservation
Our confirmation has us on 107. We stayed in that row during an earlier visit.

JWalker

I'm not even sure what site we are on. We booked it back in January and I can't remember. I'll have to check when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.