ATF: North Trail - Furnace Operation

BobHinSC

I own a NT 22 RBK and will be taking my first trip in the cold weather and I was hoping for help in how to use the furnace. I read the owners manual and it seemed a bit confusing. New owner here sorry if the question seems a bit stupid.

Steve.Twoknee

No worries, it is pretty simple all things considered. Your 13,000 btu will do a solid job of warming up your camper, but if you are connected to shore power it is always a good idea to supplement (and reduce LP use) with a ceramic heater.
Assuming you have an analogue thermostat all you really need to do (assuming the LP tanks are open) is switch the lever to heat and then set your desired temp.
If you have a digital thermostat it is slightly more complicated, but it is the same idea. If it is digital, please share which one it is (even a photo) and I'm sure someone here can simplify the process for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Just position the thermostat switch to 'HEAT' and run it. I would suggest running it at home for an hour or till all the oil burns out of the furnace (if new) or just to verify proper operation (if not new). I had to open all the windows and vents in my NT to get the cloud out while I ran up mine. Like Twonkee stated, that furnace does a great job. If one of your vents isn't pushing much hot/warm air, check for a blockage. Before departing and while prepping to leave, take a vacuum to the ducts at each vent, that will help in keeping the dust cloud down!