Grand Canyon owners w/MorRyde sliding storage tray

Chippendale

A few months ago, I purchased a new to me 2015 Landmark Grand Canyon that has almost everything I could want on it, except a sliding storage tray. Based on storage compartment opening width on the "door side" of about 57" and opening width on the driver's side of about 40.5", I am thinking I would need a tray that is about 29" wide by about 90" long. Of course it would be nice to have a wider tray, but I am not sure that would be doable.

I would appreciate it if you have a Grand Canyon with a storage tray, if you would share with me the "size and model number" of the tray you have. Also where did you get it, if you did not get it directly from MorRyde at a National Rally? I am assuming all storage compartments and openings on Grand Canyons are the same size. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2011 Bighorn 3585 which is the same floor plan as the Grand Canyon.
Keep in mind that things do change a bit from year to year so mine might be a bit different than yours.
I chose the wider tray so it only goes out one way. It does not slide out the off door side. I would have gotten one that sent both ways but I didn't want a narrow tray. This works out just fine for me.
My tray is from MorRyde and is 42"x72".

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

George - I don't have a Grand Canyon, but my current Landmark has a door-side storage door that is a lot wider than the storage opening on the off-door side.

I chose a 33" wide MORryde sliding tray. I mounted it tight to the UDC. This gave me 6 or so inches of space between the tray and the front generator cabinet wall. In that space, I store a folding ladder and long pole like stuff.

My storage bay angles from the back of the UDC towards the rear of the coach and then straightens out. This gives me a combination of tray storage (rolling out both sides) and floor storage.

We all have different storage needs. Perhaps between what Dave and I have presented, it will help you decide what to do.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I have a Key Largo, I do not remember the size of the door openings. I have a 33" X 90" MorRyde Sliding large tray. I ordered it from Makarios RV Parts, they had the lowest price at the time. The tray was shipped from their warehouse in Arlington, TX.

Georgia_Biker

George - I don't have a Grand Canyon, but my current Landmark has a door-side storage door that is a lot wider than the storage opening on the off-door side.

I chose a 33" wide MORryde sliding tray. I mounted it tight to the UDC. This gave me 6 or so inches of space between the tray and the front generator cabinet wall. In that space, I store a folding ladder and long pole like stuff.

My storage bay angles from the back of the UDC towards the rear of the coach and then straightens out. This gives me a combination of tray storage (rolling out both sides) and floor storage.

We all have different storage needs. Perhaps between what Dave and I have presented, it will help you decide what to do.

I hope I am not intruding on these posts but, along the same discussion on the Mor Ryde trays - what are the different methods to mount the tray to clear the door lip. I know Mor Ryde offers a mount and I have seen posts where they are mounted on 2 x4's and allows for storage underneath.

jbeletti

I hope I am not intruding on these posts but, along the same discussion on the Mor Ryde trays - what are the different methods to mount the tray to clear the door lip. I know Mor Ryde offers a mount and I have seen posts where they are mounted on 2 x4's and allows for storage underneath.

MORryde uses powder coated brackets for this but on my last install, once I got my tray loaded up, the metal stiffener welded to the bottom of the tray rubbed on the rubber door gasket upon roll-out. I ordered some 1/2" thick black HDPE from Amazon, cut it into rectangles and added them below the MORryde brackets. This got me the height I needed and in the event they ever get wet (and they have - several times), they will not wick/absorb water.

HDPE (Amazon link)
hdpe.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When MorRyde installed mine they used some OSB scraps, but a center brace on the tray did not clear the door catch.
I then re did the install using six pieces of 4x4.
Works great now and I have some useful storage underneath.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

When MorRyde installed mine they used some OSB scraps, but a center brace on the tray did not clear the door catch.
I then re did the install using six pieces of 4x4.
Works great now and I have some useful storage underneath.

Peace
Dave

Mine is not as high as Dave's but like Dave, I too utilize the space underneath the tray for shallow items. Works great!

jnbhobe

I have one that is about 30" wide and extends from both sides I mounted it on 4X4 like Dave, it works real good.

Georgia_Biker

I have one that is about 30" wide and extends from both sides I mounted it on 4X4 like Dave, it works real good.

I have an appointment at Mor Ryde on June 4th for IP Suspension and Disc Brakes. I will be staying for the pre Rally and Main Rally and I am hoping Mor Ryde will have a "Show Deal" on the tray and I can get it installed also or I may just throw it in the basement and do my install at the rally with the 4 x 4's. I like the idea of underneath storage.

jbeletti

I have yet to approach MORryde, LCI and a few others for their Rally Specials but I am confident they will be forthcoming. In terms of MORryde, as Jon suggests, just ask Garry if he will allow you the rally special price, whatever that will be.

Georgia_Biker

I have yet to approach MORryde, LCI and a few others for their Rally Specials but I am confident they will be forthcoming. In terms of MORryde, as Jon suggests, just ask Garry if he will allow you the rally special price, whatever that will be.

Good suggestion - I will talk with them when it gets closer to the Rally.