Shower Drain Issue

Lndeatr

2013 300C – It’s been a while since I posted anything here. I posted a different issue in the Cyclone garage section also.

Basically the issue is the shower does not drain unless you use your foot or a plunger to force water to flow. Once it starts draining it is fine until it is empty then starts filling up again. This has been since trip one (we bought it new). Acts like there is an airlock in the line. We have tried draino. Running compressed air through is no problem either unless the there is a blockage after the vent. Anyone experience this? Suggestions?

Roller4tan

Re: Cyclone Shower Drainage Issue Since New

Can you see the drain from the storage area under the shower? You may have to take a wall down to get to the plumbing. In a previous trailer there was an inline spring-loaded flapper assembly that allowed water to flow in one direction toward the tan, while blocking air / odor from coming back up from the tank. Perhaps that flapper valve is sticking.
If you have a normal p-trap under there, then I don't have an answer for you.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm thinking if you might have your drain running up hill under there. Then ones you force it past that, the flow creates the vacuum to keep it moving until you loose it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danemayer

Blocked vent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the water will go into the tank with some assistance, and the tank is not just full when this happens, I'd be on the roof checking the venting.

If you have standing water in the shower, and open the gate valve to dump the tank, does the water in the shower go down by itself?

Lndeatr

If the water will go into the tank with some assistance, and the tank is not just full when this happens, I'd be on the roof checking the venting.

If you have standing water in the shower, and open the gate valve to dump the tank, does the water in the shower go down by itself?

Havent tried that. Once I get it back, I can drag a hose up on the roof and see if the water freely drains into the tank.