DICOR rubber roof blistering

FarmFresh

We have a 2013 Heartland Key Largo with the same blistering rubber roof. I am very interested in your out
come and contacts. Good luck.

FarmFresh

DICOR now acknowledges that there is a problem with the top layer, but say it does not lmpact wear. They say it is cosmetic. My roof is tan and don't know if issue relates to colored roofs.

Their offer is to provide a full 12 year transferrable warranty but I don't think this will convince a potential buyer. I am going to lose several thousand in resale value. I would not buy a unit with a roof that looked like this.

While this is a DICOR issue, I am hoping Heartland will go to bat for it's owners and get a proper solution.
If other people have this issue, let's hear about it and let both Dicor and Heartland we need a fix.

When blisters are abraded even by a lightweight like me, the membrane skin is broken. This looks terrible and will definitely impact resale or trade value. I probably have about 20 spots as sown in this pic from one visit to the roof when i cleaned off my slides. I am afraid to wash the roof.

UPDATE: JAN 17, 2017 DICOR is now working with me to replace roof.

nedB1zvl.jpg

Just checking to see how your roof turned out.

SamSmiley

We have a 2010 model 3670. I noticed this Spring our roof has blisters on it. I contacted Dicor and they told me it would not hurt anything, but offered to furnish me roofing material and installation package at not cost. No offer to pay for the installation. I contacted the dealer where we purchased and was quoted $7700.00 to install. Dicor said my roof was guaranteed until 2023. I washed the roof last week and found more blisters. I am like many on the value of my camper. The blisters greatly reduces the value. I am really disappointed. I did not realize the roofing material was warranty and not the labor to replace. I hope this message gets to all those who plan on purchasing a new camper. Check and see exactly what the warranty really is and is not.

jam1on1

so i just went to do my cleaning for secound time this year and noticed the same thing on my roof plus by the roof hatch i have a 6 inch crack my camper up till 2 months ago was inside storage since new my camper is a 2104 bighorn do i call dicor?? thanks I have been using dicor cleaner and protectant since new so maybe its there product??

eblansfield

Had my roof inspected by the RV dealer about 2 months ago on my 2014 Big Country. No issues except to redo some of the lap joints. I went up on the roof yesterday and found a number of blisters; some a big as a pea and some as big as a quarter. Most have not popped yet and are very thin so they would pop very easily if one pushed on them. I just contacted DICOR and they told me to send them some photos. We will see what happens. Have they replaced the roof for anyone yet?

danemayer

Had my roof inspected by the RV dealer about 2 months ago on my 2014 Big Country. No issues except to redo some of the lap joints. I went up on the roof yesterday and found a number of blisters; some a big as a pea and some as big as a quarter. Most have not popped yet and are very thin so they would pop very easily if one pushed on them. I just contacted DICOR and they told me to send them some photos. We will see what happens. Have they replaced the roof for anyone yet?

The Dicor warranty covers the material. I'm not sure if they've ever paid for the labor to replace. And of course, labor is the major expense.

jam1on1

i have been trying to send don at dicor pictures for 3 weeks hs says he is not getting them getting tired of the bs

danemayer

i have been trying to send don at dicor pictures for 3 weeks hs says he is not getting them getting tired of the bs

Some cameras and phone cameras create very large files that exceed the send or receive limits in place for email systems. You might try using a utility to resize the picture files.

travlingman

I had the blisters on my roof, 2014 Landmark with tan roof. I found them early winter of this year. I talked to Don at Dicor. Sent pictures in at 11:00 AM one morning, had response by 1:00 PM that afternoon. Dicor replaced roof and covered the labor. I did have to go to a couple of dealers to get estimates. New roof, no cost to me.

namgrunt51

I had the blisters on my roof, 2014 Landmark with tan roof. I found them early winter of this year. I talked to Don at Dicor. Sent pictures in at 11:00 AM one morning, had response by 1:00 PM that afternoon. Dicor replaced roof and covered the labor. I did have to go to a couple of dealers to get estimates. New roof, no cost to me.

Hi travlingman, I got up on my roof this morning to wash it and found what I think are the bubbles you experienced. I did a search to see if this was a common problem and found this link. I have a 2015 Landmark Savannah that has the tan roof. I was on the roof last month and didn't notice anything unusual. Does this look anything like what you had? I was wondering if you could private message me the contact info of Don at Dicor. Have you had your roof replaced yet and if you did how did it go. Thanks in advance for any info......Keith

roof1.jpgroof2x.jpgroof3.jpg