TorkLift (GlowSteps) at Florida RV Supershow (Tampa)

MCTalley

Found this on Torklift's Instagram account: [LINK]

“At the Florida RV SuperShow, orange you going to give away free #GlowStepRevolution steps?” said the RV enthusiast to Torklift --- WHY, YES! Thirty to be exact. Stay tuned for details, you won’t want to miss your chance to win! #rvsteps #rvlife

They haven't posted a follow-up to that, so I assume if you went to the Tampa RV show next week, you could probably find out more details.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Found this on Torklift's Instagram account: [LINK]

They haven't posted a follow-up to that, so I assume if you went to the Tampa RV show next week, you could probably find out more details.

Malcolm, you don't have to go to the show! They gave away during the Hershey show, and through social media, I managed to win a set! So everyone, make sure you watch for more info!!

BTW, We're giving our set away at the West Texas Chapter Rally in Alpine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Malcolm, you don't have to go to the show! They gave away during the Hershey show, and through social media.

Correct you are. Here's the "more details" promised in the post I mentioned earlier:

[LINK]

This is for those that can't attend:

Not able to attend the Florida RV Super Show? To participate, send marketing@torklift.com an email with your full name, mailing address and the code PLAY and we will draw a free game piece live on Facebook to reveal your prize. Last day to enter is January 22, 2017.

Dennyha

I found the Torklift booth at the FL show. I also found the MorRyde booth. After trying out both steps, and weighing the pros and cons of the Torklift versus the MorRyde, including price, we decided to go with the MorRyde. I'm sure we would have been happy with either set, but the price difference pushed us to the MorRyde. I'll be getting the steps in the next week or so, but won't have access to our Cyclone until April. Looking forward to getting them installed, for the wife and the dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

My my wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm planning to upgrade to the SRE4000 suspension at the rally. (Don't tell her. Shhhhhush.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MCTalley

We stopped by the booth and won two Torklift baseball caps. They're actually really nice hats. The lady in front of us won a $75 discount on a set of steps. I should've traded with her since I only needed one cap and could give the discount to someone in the club.

Geodude

I entered by email and had the good fortune of being announced at at the show as a winner of $100 off the cost of a set of Glowstep steps. Unfortunately, the proposition is still a bit too pricey given that we have a four-step setup on our Bighorn and the current CDN dollar to US dollar exchange rate is 25 to 30%.

Dennyha

After the show, my wife and I discussed it some more, and we changed our minds to go with the Torklift. The price is higher, but there were some features we liked. I cancelled our order for the Mor Ryde steps, and placed the order for the Torklift. We included the SafeSteps for our dogs' benefit. The steps have arrived, and are stored in our garage waiting for Spring so I can get our Cyclone out of storage.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Dennyha - we also checked out the two after market steps (Torklift and the MorRyde) and have decided to go with the MorRyde. The MorRyde were much more stable with no flex than the TorkLift steps which had a slight little flex. Now was it the coaches that the steps were on or not, can't say. The other selling point was the longer handrail which is standard on the MorRyde but was an extra cost on the Torklift.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a set of GlowSteps in the box waiting to be installed.

I was going to do that today, but strong winds kept me indoors.

Can't wait to try them out!

Garypowell

I entered via email and received the $75 discount. Called yesterday to determine best step count and ordered 5 step.

I checked around and and it seems they are controlling the price so with the discount, and free shipping, it is the best price ordering from the factory.

Linda had both of her knees worked on in November and December (partial replacement). We are on our first trip of the year and while she is doing excellent we felt it was a good investment. I had already put in a 4 step 3 years ago but the last step into the coach was always a higher rise.....the glow step I think will improve that situation.

ATLJOHN

I also received the $75 discount and when I ordered them Torklift charged me $52 shipping. A little disappointed as in their web site shipping is free. I installed them yesterday on my BH and was pretty easy. I ordered the 27 1/2 in and they fit like a glove. Very happy with them. I used my floor jack to remove the old steps and was able to remove and install by myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

I also received the $75 discount and when I ordered them Torklift charged me $52 shipping. A little disappointed as in their web site shipping is free. I installed them yesterday on my BH and was pretty easy. I ordered the 27 1/2 in and they fit like a glove. Very happy with them. I used my floor jack to remove the old steps and was able to remove and install by myself

I'd contact them and contest that charge, that doesn't seem right.

Torklift

Hello ATLJOHN,
We apologize for the confusion of your shipping.

This was a factory direct promotion that we held and shipping was not included. Congrats to Gary on his free shipping as well! You are correct, we have a sister company who offers free shipping on their website but they did not participate in this promotion.

For you and only you, we are reversing your freight charge, but this will not be applied to other orders. We gotta put food on the table for the families we support :) -- and as I'm sure you are aware being an American manufacturer using all American materials this is challenging to say the least.

We hope you enjoy your new steps and please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future!

ATLJOHN

Thank you Torklift I appreciate your refunding my shipping charges. I fully understand you also need to make a profit as well.
Look forward to purchase other products from Torklift in the future.

TravelTiger

Wow, that was nice! Thank you Torklift, for clarifying, and helping out a customer.

Torklift

Thank you Torklift I appreciate your refunding my shipping charges. I fully understand you also need to make a profit as well.
Look forward to purchase other products from Torklift in the future.

Wow, that was nice! Thank you Torklift, for clarifying, and helping out a customer.

We're very happy that we were able to help!