Front mount 2 inch receiver

DWChris

I'm thinking of putting a front mount 2 inch receiver on my 2016 Ram 3500 to mount my bike rack on since there's not really any good alternatives on my Landmark. I have the 1 inch from the factory on the Landmark but that doesn't work at all since I'm afraid it's going to break from the bouncing with the bikes on. Has anyone done this and what are your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

I've had front receivers on my last 3 trucks....love them!!

I carry a motorcycle in front of the truck, so mine is a double insert, to avoid shifting from side to side. It is amazing to see how solid this holds the motorcycle in place. My 1st truck only had a single insert (standard hitch) and the motorcycle would rock from side to side...that was not good.

Here is a picture of my current setup on the front of my F-350...and the picture in my signature image has the motorcycle rack still attached to the truck.

Capture.jpg

Miller0758

I too installed a 2" Reese hitch to the front. Very handy to have. I use it for a bike rack, a goal post for kayaks and a cooler rack.

Tanman

I have one on my 2004 Ram 2500 and its nice for a winch and tight spots to launch my boat

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

szewczyk_john

I have a Texas Ranch Hand front number with the 2 inch receiver built in. We have used it many times but not for bikes. They sat too high and blocked to much of the view for my liking. It has been used with a winch, ladder racks, and a platform for coolers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

I too installed a 2" Reese hitch to the front. Very handy to have. I use it for a bike rack, a goal post for kayaks and a cooler rack.

Any chance you could post a picture with the kayaks on your truck...attached to the 5th wheel?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the one I've been looking at:

http://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch/Ram/3500/2016/C31067.html?vehicleid=201617729

Oregon_Camper, I assume your hitch is custom made since it has 2 receiver tubes on it?

Yes, it is a custom build. It matches the one on the back of my Bighorn, where the other motorcycle rides.