Landmark Upgraded Entry Step Light

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya no more remote :'(
My 2015 Landmark 365 did not have a switch, the step light was on 24-7.... Heartland had my dealer put one in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chris6074

You should have received a Lippert "Linc" Wireless Touch Remote with your coach. I can't believe your salesperson did not familiarize you with it. The remote will control several functions such as slideouts, awning and landing gear, among others. Your step light is also controlled here via the icon in the lower right corner of the remote on the login screen. Hopefully this helps - I also have the configuring directions for the remote if you need them.
I just found this thread and wanted to say thanks because I couldn't figure out how to turn the step light on either. I have a 2014 Landmark Savanna we bought from a elderly couple that only used the trailer for 3 months. The step light was actually duct taped up and I found the light by accident. I replaced the factory light because the lens was broken and I installed a new L.E.D. several months ago and tonight was the first time it's been on. I don't understand why Heartland would make the light switch unmarked and on a remote that normally sits in a drawer but then we have nothing but problems from day one with this poorly built piece of junk.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
My Big Country has a switch (near the **** floor) to turn on the step light.

But it has no switch to turn on the "scare lights" high on either side of the trailer. Only way to control those is with the Lippert "remote". Who thinks up this stuff? I bet they saved $0.79 by leaving out an actual rocker switch.

Repeated emails to Heartland give me no answers as to where the Lippert control box is located so that I might wire in an actual switch.

jbeletti

My Big Country has a switch (near the **** floor) to turn on the step light.

But it has no switch to turn on the "scare lights" high on either side of the trailer. Only way to control those is with the Lippert "remote". Who thinks up this stuff? I bet they saved $0.79 by leaving out an actual rocker switch.

Repeated emails to Heartland give me no answers as to where the Lippert control box is located so that I might wire in an actual switch.

Hans - the relay panel for remote controlled loads in your coach are likely in the wall, behind the switch panel. Remove the panel and look for a board with relays on it. Or, next time I see you at a rally - let's tear into it :)

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Hans - the relay panel for remote controlled loads in your coach are likely in the wall, behind the switch panel. Remove the panel and look for a board with relays on it. Or, next time I see you at a rally - let's tear into it :)

My rig is a 2011 BC 3510RL. The rear of the switch panel (located on the port side of the stairwell) doesn’t look easy to access without damage. Can I get in there by removing the false bulkhead at the rear of the “basement”?

danemayer

My rig is a 2011 BC 3510RL. The rear of the switch panel (located on the port side of the stairwell) doesn’t look easy to access without damage. Can I get in there by removing the false bulkhead at the rear of the “basement”?
Hans,

Before tearing anything apart, empty the cabinets on the front wall of the kitchen and using a flashlight, look for a removable panel inside one of the cabinets.

Oregon_Camper

Hans,

Before tearing anything apart, empty the cabinets on the front wall of the kitchen and using a flashlight, look for a removable panel inside one of the cabinets.

Is this what it looks like? I found this while wiring in my EMS. I took a picture, but forgot to post here and ask what this was for. Boy...if one of those fuses were to blow, it would be impossible to hunt them down, if you never new what was behind that little false wall.

20170507_152436.jpg