Purchased a new 2017 Landmark 365 Newport

Wanderlust

Greetings! Our names are Ken and Sherry and we have just recently purchased a new 2017 Landmark 365 Newport and are so excited to take receipt of our new home in the next week!! My husband and I are both active duty Air Force (22 years) and have decided for the remainder of our enlistment to sell our 2800 sq ft home and purchase a Landmark 365 to live in it full time until we retire. (About 2 years) Once we retire it will make moving and traveling much easier as it will all be paid in full! We are not new to the full time RV'ing lifestyle as we lived in our 29ft Bullet Premier for 1 year in 2013-2014 with our then 15 year old son... Now that small space was a challenge and we look forward to spreading out in our new 43 foot (WOW) Landmark with our now 17 year old! We have upgraded our truck to a 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually so we are ready to haul this beast anywhere we want to go.

Since we have never owned a Landmark or anything of this size we are looking for tips on what to expect the first few months and suggestions on how to make living in our Newport stress free! Any tips from how to choose a site (size etc.), 5th wheel towing tips, or really just anything you might have once said to yourself, "If only someone would have told me about that" lessons you may learned over the years of RV'ing would be greatly appreciated We have been reading your forum for the past week and we enjoy and appreciate all of your candor, opinions and tips! We are super excited about our new adventure but are a little nervous so any suggestions, tips or recommendations are greatly appreciated! Our move in date is 10 March!

PS. If you are in need of any home furnishings let us know, we have plenty!!;):rolleyes:

We look forward to your responses!
Ken and Sherry

mlpeloquin

Looked at the listed features. I use a C-pap. I noticed that listed is the bed side has C-Pap sized table. That is a nice feature. Knowing that, I hope that soon there will be a 12V plug for the C-pap as well. Not just for dry camping, but for reliable power through the night. I have lost AC power at several camp sights and it is not fun waking up trying to breath through a C-Pap mask with a machine that lost power. This has forced me to add a dedicated 12V breaker, wiring, and plug into the master bedroom. This is a medical necessidy and hope at least in the Landmark line a 12V plug for the C-pap units could be provided along with the C-pap sized table. I guarantee that it would be a first in the industry at very little cost. The

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Greetings! Our names are Ken and Sherry and we have just recently purchased a new 2017 Landmark 365 Newport and are so excited to take receipt of our new home in the next week!! My husband and I are both active duty Air Force (22 years) and have decided for the remainder of our enlistment to sell our 2800 sq ft home and purchase a Landmark 365 to live in it full time until we retire. (About 2 years) Once we retire it will make moving and traveling much easier as it will all be paid in full! We are not new to the full time RV'ing lifestyle as we lived in our 29ft Bullet Premier for 1 year in 2013-2014 with our then 15 year old son... Now that small space was a challenge and we look forward to spreading out in our new 43 foot (WOW) Landmark with our now 17 year old! We have upgraded our truck to a 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually so we are ready to haul this beast anywhere we want to go.

Since we have never owned a Landmark or anything of this size we are looking for tips on what to expect the first few months and suggestions on how to make living in our Newport stress free! Any tips from how to choose a site (size etc.), 5th wheel towing tips, or really just anything you might have once said to yourself, "If only someone would have told me about that" lessons you may learned over the years of RV'ing would be greatly appreciated We have been reading your forum for the past week and we enjoy and appreciate all of your candor, opinions and tips! We are super excited about our new adventure but are a little nervous so any suggestions, tips or recommendations are greatly appreciated! Our move in date is 10 March!

PS. If you are in need of any home furnishings let us know, we have plenty!!;):rolleyes:

We look forward to your responses!
Ken and Sherry

There is so much to that loaded question. I'll touch on a few.
You will have a brand new rig with lots of little issues. If your handy at all you'll find it's a lot easier to just start doing the repairs yourself. With a lot of help from the many brilliant minds on this forum you'll find all the help you need right here. Heartland is really good about sending you the parts for free if you put them on for free. Dragging it to the dealer for them to do there mediocre repairs then finding out when you get it back home that you need to fix it right yourself is very frustrating.
Over time you'll realize it would have been easier to just do it yourself.
Next if you've been looking at this forum you have probably seen the many Mod post from people making there Rigs even better for themselves. There are so many things you can do to make every day life so much more enjoyable in your RV. Some big and some very small. I started "Project LM 365" thread back in Aug 2015 and in that time we have created an amazing RV that we enjoy every minute were in it.
Here's a link to get you started. Let the Mod's begin
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365

Here's the index to make it a little easier.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/59693-Jerrod-s-(jesstalkn)-Project-LM-365-Index

Happy trails

Jerrod

danemayer

Hi Ken and Sherry,

Re the 43' length, one thing we've found about state parks is that the newer they are, the more likely they are to have longer sites with easier access. For example, many Colorado state parks have large loops with long sites that will easily accommodate your new LM 365.

When planning a trip, one resource I use is RVParkReviews.com. The information on things like Big Rig Access is usually accurate and is augmented by detailed comments from recent visitors.

Among other things, our forum has a number of owner-written user guides that you may find helpful. You can get to them by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides, or by using this link.

And of course if you have questions, you can usually get answers pretty quickly either by browsing or searching the forum, or by just posting your question.

Also, be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club and look at the EVENTS tab to find out where other Heartland owners will be partying. Come join us.

travlingman

Ken an Sherry,

1st I would like to thank you for your service to our country.

Some things to watch when towing, is you are long and need to plan for this. As the sticker on the back of the big rigs say, "I make wide right hand turns." It is very easy to cut a turn short if not paying attention. Plan ahead on your trips. If going off major roads check your route out, Google can be your friend for this. Some campgrounds can be just a few miles from the interstate, but they can be on a small road. Campgrounds will say they are big rig friendly, but we have called ahead to confirm this. Again, google and see what it looks like from the sky. We also have a RV specific GPS that you can program length/height to help in routing. Also, don't forget these rigs are tall. Always look out for low hanging branches.

When you pick up the rig, do a good PDI before handing the money over. Our dealer let us spend the night in it on their lot to try things out and make a list of any problems. The next day they took the list, fixed a few minor things and we then signed the papers. Make sure and have the dealer do a good walk through to show you how to operate all of the features of the rig.

Finally, congrats on the new rig. We really like the Newport and it will probably be our next rig. And remember, post pics or didn't happen.

Wanderlust

Ken an Sherry,

1st I would like to thank you for your service to our country.

Some things to watch when towing, is you are long and need to plan for this. As the sticker on the back of the big rigs say, "I make wide right hand turns." It is very easy to cut a turn short if not paying attention. Plan ahead on your trips. If going off major roads check your route out, Google can be your friend for this. Some campgrounds can be just a few miles from the interstate, but they can be on a small road. Campgrounds will say they are big rig friendly, but we have called ahead to confirm this. Again, google and see what it looks like from the sky. We also have a RV specific GPS that you can program length/height to help in routing. Also, don't forget these rigs are tall. Always look out for low hanging branches.

When you pick up the rig, do a good PDI before handing the money over. Our dealer let us spend the night in it on their lot to try things out and make a list of any problems. The next day they took the list, fixed a few minor things and we then signed the papers. Make sure and have the dealer do a good walk through to show you how to operate all of the features of the rig.

Finally, congrats on the new rig. We really like the Newport and it will probably be our next rig. And remember, post pics or didn't happen.

Thanks so much for the great tips! I had no idea the was an RV GPS. Once we start traveling more when we will look into this. We will be picking I up next week and will take your advice to stay in it a few times before we move into it in march. We will post pics for sure!

Thanks for your support. It is our pleasure and we are proud to serve!
Sherry

Wanderlust

There is so much to that loaded question. I'll touch on a few.
You will have a brand new rig with lots of little issues. If your handy at all you'll find it's a lot easier to just start doing the repairs yourself. With a lot of help from the many brilliant minds on this forum you'll find all the help you need right here. Heartland is really good about sending you the parts for free if you put them on for free. Dragging it to the dealer for them to do there mediocre repairs then finding out when you get it back home that you need to fix it right yourself is very frustrating.
Over time you'll realize it would have been easier to just do it yourself.
Next if you've been looking at this forum you have probably seen the many Mod post from people making there Rigs even better for themselves. There are so many things you can do to make every day life so much more enjoyable in your RV. Some big and some very small. I started "Project LM 365" thread back in Aug 2015 and in that time we have created an amazing RV that we enjoy every minute were in it.
Here's a link to get you started. Let the Mod's begin
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365

Here's the index to make it a little easier.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/59693-Jerrod-s-(jesstalkn)-Project-LM-365-Index

Happy trails

Jerrod

Jarrod,Lots of great information here! Ken is extremely handy and will be able to tackle most repairs.
With our 17 year old son we will actually be taking outthe couch and putting in a drop in platform over the two small end tables tomake a day bed with pull out storage underneath as well as a dog crate... Allstained to match the wood work in our rig. We thought this would be better than having the couch out all thetime. once he is graduated and off to college we will put the couch back in.. I have read some of your boards and they are very knowledgeable! Thanksfor the tips!

Wanderlust

Hi Ken and Sherry,

Re the 43' length, one thing we've found about state parks is that the newer they are, the more likely they are to have longer sites with easier access. For example, many Colorado state parks have large loops with long sites that will easily accommodate your new LM 365.

When planning a trip, one resource I use is RVParkReviews.com. The information on things like Big Rig Access is usually accurate and is augmented by detailed comments from recent visitors.

Among other things, our forum has a number of owner-written user guides that you may find helpful. You can get to them by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides, or by using this link.

And of course if you have questions, you can usually get answers pretty quickly either by browsing or searching the forum, or by just posting your question.

Also, be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club and look at the EVENTS tab to find out where other Heartland owners will be partying. Come join us.

Dane, thanks for the tips! I will definitely look upRvParkReviews.com! I have found the HUG page and it has so much informationthere! Thanks for the reply! See you on the road!

Cholo

You have come to the right place for information!!

I ordered a 2017 Newport and received it in late November. Unfortunately, it has been a struggle to get moved into it because of the HUGE amount of items I have in my stick home. I can't believe how much junk I have! The weather has not helped either.

No major issues so far. I agree with others that Heartland is a very good company to deal with directly and will help you out. Also, read all of the manuals posted as noted above. I had a problem with my ice maker in my refrigerator. I contacted my dealer who could not help. Heartland tried to help and sent me a link to the manual. Frigidaire only told me what I just read in the manual. I read the Residential Refrigerator guide and found the answer, thanks to all who help write it. Soon I will try to help more as I learn the new systems.

Garmin 760LMT for RV is a wonderful tool.

I truly believe you made the right choice. Good luck and thank both of you for your service.

Wanderlust

You have come to the right place for information!!

I ordered a 2017 Newport and received it in late November. Unfortunately, it has been a struggle to get moved into it because of the HUGE amount of items I have in my stick home. I can't believe how much junk I have! The weather has not helped either.

No major issues so far. I agree with others that Heartland is a very good company to deal with directly and will help you out. Also, read all of the manuals posted as noted above. I had a problem with my ice maker in my refrigerator. I contacted my dealer who could not help. Heartland tried to help and sent me a link to the manual. Frigidaire only told me what I just read in the manual. I read the Residential Refrigerator guide and found the answer, thanks to all who help write it. Soon I will try to help more as I learn the new systems.

Garmin 760LMT for RV is a wonderful tool.

I truly believe you made the right choice. Good luck and thank both of you for your service.

Cholo! Thank you for your response! We are pleased to hear you haven't had any major issues with your Newport. We are confident in our choice and we are looking forward to finally receiving it and finding out just what is in it! we have seen several models however, these were all before the changes at the Hersey Show. So I am hoping that I won't be disappointed with the changes in some of the items. However, it seems to me the additions to the unit may out weight some of the things that were changed. I will say that the vanity around the master bath will be missed. I loved the way that looked. We also have many items in our "Stick" home but we have not choice but to be out of it by March 14th so ready or not, here we come!

Take care and thank your for your support! We are proud to serve.

Ken and Sherry

Wanderlust

IMG_3256.jpgIMG_3257.jpgIMG_3255.jpgOur new rig is here!!! We will pick it up next Friday after they clean it up!! We will be full timing come 10 March!!

Wanderlust

We picked up our new home!! Very excited! However when we got it home we found the tv in the living room on the floor!!! Fell right out of the cabinet cause the hinge pulled out of the cabinet! Couldn't believe it when we saw it. Fell on one of our table chairs and broke the leg on it. considering how heavy this tv is I am shocked it didn't damage the cabinet more!

Already in contact with the dealer and heartland... praying they fix it soon! We are full timing in just 20 days!

928cf2d2cd23d1652148b60eda61f251.jpg
011f4a4acf5711e2e398afe0e3565761.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We picked up our new home!! Very excited! However when we got it home we found the tv in the living room on the floor!!! Fell right out of the cabinet cause the hinge pulled out of the cabinet! Couldn't believe it when we saw it. Fell on one of our table chairs and broke the leg on it. considering how heavy this tv is I am shocked it didn't damage the cabinet more!

Already in contact with the dealer and heartland... praying they fix it soon! We are full timing in just 20 days!

Sorry to hear about your TV! From experience, I can tell you that it was not pushed all the way in (not latched) when it was closed last.

Before we move, we tug on the lower left corner of the TV to ensure it's fully latched.

The reason I do this is that our TV has swung open while traveling and has 2 nice dents in the bezel. Oops!

Oldelevatorman

928cf2d2cd23d1652148b60eda61f251.jpg
011f4a4acf5711e2e398afe0e3565761.jpg

So sorry that your tv fell out of the cabinet. Hopefully it will get fixed soon without too much inconvenience. We purchased our new Newport today. We will be heading to Phoenix with our trailer (trade-in) to pick up our Newport hopefully in a couple weeks. See you on the road!

Wanderlust

So sorry that your tv fell out of the cabinet. Hopefully it will get fixed soon without too much inconvenience. We purchased our new Newport today. We will be heading to Phoenix with our trailer (trade-in) to pick up our Newport hopefully in a couple weeks. See you on the road!

Congrats! We live in tucson so we will hopefully see you out and about! The next few weeks will be hard to wait but it will be with it!! Excited for you all. What color outside did you get? We have the tan and black.

I am sure they will have ours fixed up soon. Certainly will be something we pay special attention to when we pack up in the future. Just a bummer but lesson learned.

Wanderlust

Sorry to hear about your TV! From experience, I can tell you that it was not pushed all the way in (not latched) when it was closed last.

Before we move, we tug on the lower left corner of the TV to ensure it's fully latched.

The reason I do this is that our TV has swung open while traveling and has 2 nice dents in the bezel. Oops!

Big oops! Will certainly pay more attention to it in the future! We still love it though! Up early this morning to get it packed up!